need help regarding BSNL plans

• Thread starter Thread starter sharad007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,289

sharad007

ISP
Wireless
hi i want to know does speed affect pings like if i buy BSNL ULF 1400 (4mbps) plan will i get good pings (below 50 in INDIAN servers) or will it be same if i take UL 750 (512 kbps) plan. Pls help since i need good BSNL connection for gaming purpose coz i have no other choice in my city.

hi i want to know does speed affect pings like if i buy BSNL ULF 1400 (4mbps) plan will i get good pings (below 50 in INDIAN servers) or will it be same if i take UL 750 (512 kbps) plan. Pls help since i need good BSNL connection for gaming purpose coz i have no other choice in my city.

It will be basically the same, depending on how much traffic is passing over your connection at any given time. Obviously if you're downloading torrents at the same time as you're trying to game, then your pings will skyrocket.

As for getting pings of less than 50ms (even to Indian servers)... good luck with that. Just by virtue of the connection time, ADSL introduces around 30ms at the first hop: even in a country with a decent copper network I get 43ms within the same city, and 700km away I'm looking at 55ms.

HOWEVER

I have seen pings of 4ms within Mumbai and 12ms from Mumbai to Chennai (on an FTTH network) so nothing is impossible.

It will be basically the same, depending on how much traffic is passing over your connection at any given time. Obviously if you're downloading torrents at the same time as you're trying to game, then your pings will skyrocket.

As for getting pings of less than 50ms (even to Indian servers)... good luck with that. Just by virtue of the connection time, ADSL introduces around 30ms at the first hop: even in a country with a decent copper network I get 43ms within the same city, and 700km away I'm looking at 55ms.

HOWEVER

I have seen pings of 4ms within Mumbai and 12ms from Mumbai to Chennai (on an FTTH network) so nothing is impossible.

thanks for the info buddy 🙂