need help plzzz.....

• Thread starter Thread starter da-cena-fan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,347

da-cena-fan

ISP
MTNL
i always start my downloads at night and when i see my pc in morning, i find this thing. the connection icon shows connected, but only one light if active in that icon and i cant access any website either.

this is the only thing which is preventing me downloading during night time.

to solve this, i have to unplug my D-Link 502T from the USB Port and plug it again.

Any solution??

there u go...

USB connection is ur main problem

Plz use the LAN interface for stabler connection.

USB driver is weak and hangs often

A roundabout way would be to set your system to restart at a specific time. I set my PC to auto-restart atleast once a day whenever I'm out of town and have some big downloads lined up.

sanke, with LAN connection do you mean using the ethernet port of my pc?if yes, do i need to do some extra configurations and change some settings?

chuck windows outta your window 😛 ( pun intended ). Use Linux. Use the LAN interface. Forget all your worries 🙂

WHAT has happened to techies here comeon....................There is simple problem ......SWITCH TO PPP mode.....in PPP mode it will automatically conect you even if u are disconnected!

search and download tinydialer software - this can help u with automatic redialing efficiently...USB have many probs - switch to LAN.....Linux is still under development stage, any form - need to know commands like DOS - its not like windows - u click n the thing is done

chuck windows outta your window ( pun intended ). Use Linux. Use the LAN interface. Forget all your worries

No offence meant, but have you guys realised that as the forum is increasing in popularity, we have more and more of the Linux-Windows War, browser fanboyism, and flaming in general? Is this forum going to become like the overcrowded Digit forum?

Linux is still under development stage, any form - need to know commands like DOS - its not like windows - u click n the thing is done

Linux is a far more mature OS than Windows is. Its very advanced too. Infact Windows is copying Linux by implementing POSIX 😉 And you should really check out the newer versions of Linux before commenting.

yup, i tried n then only i have commented max.....though no offence to u - i had a bad time installin n runnin linux on my PC.. - to make the linux fuctional - i need to log in to windows - search linux forums for my problems - and then need to input commands, which are similiar to DOS based... and it took about a week to sort out all my probs jus to start linux..P.S. - I'm usin computers since 1991 (from 286 erra)

in comparison my experience has been fantastic. no finding my lost driver CD and installing drivers. no installing any antivirus/firewall application. no installing ms office. no installing firefox. 90% of the stuff i use is preinstalled and the rest can be installed using the built in synaptics (on ubuntu). getting obscure media formats (divx) is easier on linux compared to windows now... windows system on a brand new installation looks like something asking you to... make me usable. install this and install that. and i might get any where usable for ya.