need help on how to get redbus refund

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjuv999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,914
ISP
BSNL
I dont know if this is the right place to post my query. I had booked two tickets through redbus website and cancelled the same on 5 September. They have refunded only the "to" journey amount but not the return journey amount of Rs.2700.It is now almost a month and I still have not got my refund of Rs2700. I have called up their customer service and everytime they say they have already refunded but bank payment gateway problem.Last week, they said they refunded on Friday and gave some bank transaction no. But bank is not able to find any such transaction. Now it is becoming one month. Other than going to consumer court, what are the other things i could do? I have also posted the same in their facebook site,online consumer forums,called them up several times,etc

Do they have any escalation procedures? Have you tried them?

Actually after about 2 or 3 calls, they had told me that they had escalated the matter, in the enext call, i told that I wanted to speak to their manager ,they kept the phone on hold for sometime and then they told , "Saar, pls wait 7 days" , like this I waited for a month. If you check the internet, you will find a lot of people who are in the same position as I am...🙁

Try to visit their local office and sort it out. My friend had this issue with makemytrip a few years back when his international trip had to be cancelled and took him a lot of grief to get a refund. Was finally resolved when he visited their office.

These guys are worst it seems. They never refund failed transactions unless you follow them everyday and even that itself take ages to get the refund credited.

give me your or your brother's email id and booking number.

I personally know one of the founder of redbus, phanindra. Will contact him.

Thanks mate! But some how I made them to initiate the return after following with them for last 15 days. It appears they do not have automated way of initiating the refund for failed transactions. We need to follow with them regularly. The immediate first day they told me the money will be credited in 7 working days. In my second call they said 7 working days excluding Sat, Sun & national holidays. In my third call after 10 days they escalated within them and shared the compliant number. That complaint number missed 1 (out of 3) failed transaction. Again I called them today and initiated the final one. Now, they say again it will take 7 working days starts from today to reflect in my account. Lets hope it comes through.
And, anyway I do not have transaction number because after bank portal approval it came back to the ticket booking page after cleared all the fields as if it were opened fresh.
Thanks again!!!