Need Help - Low Sound on Tata Sky HD

• Thread starter Thread starter srihpsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,615

srihpsd

ISP
tata
As you all know, Tata Sky hd had " output type as hdmi " and dolby surround before recent upgrade.Volume was perfect until this change happened.I never got dolby surround setup in my home. I was using only television audio only. I have 40 inch Sony bravia LEDNow after the change, volume is too low and unless you are so close even at 100 volume, voice is not clear and only hear the instruments. Barely hearable.I tested the sound in dvd player and there were no issues.It is only tata sky hd box.I checked with tata sky helpdesk and they said they will not enable hdmi output type again for sound settings.Can any expert give me a suggestion on how can I have the better sound like I had before.If there is no other option, I will setup dolby surround once I move to my own house in 3 months 🙂I am also thinking of moving to Videocon DTH as they give more true HD and because of mpeg 4 technology & more space, I think they will not run into any issues atlest for 5 years from now.Tata sky hd curently depends on ISRO satellite launch for more space which can take upto another 1 year. I have used tata sky for 5 years approx.

80+ views but no response. Can anyone who has knowledge on this please help me ?? I am fed up of explaining Tata Sky technicians, their panel & cc on this issue.90% of them has no clue and do not understand. Those who understand cant help me.Thought one of you guys here will help me to fix this or suggest something better

Kindly change the sound output in Tata Sky HD+ box Organiser>User Settings>Sound. Here change the Output Type to HDMI and Preferred output give as PCI. Give your feedback if it works well after that.

it automatically reverts changes output type to spdif even if i change. it does not retain the saved settings. that has been the real issue. when I inquire, I am hearing they will no longer enable output type as hdmi which I don't understand y.