Need help in configuring bridge mode for airtel fiber

Hopefully, this helps if anyone is trying to configure the bridge mode.

nhKXfVk.png

Hey guys, so i got an old Nokia router (G-2425G-A). So as i see the WAN settings are all locked and the NAT is also enabled by default(which i guess it should be). Tomorrow i'll be meeting with the backend team. So what all things should i tell him so that he could enable it from his end.

Lets say i told him to enable bridge mode on any ports, and then he enabled it on any one port> i disable Wifi Broadcast from nokia and all its SSID's. After then i connect the cable from the bridge port(LAN Port) of NOKIA to my TP-Link's WAN Port > Setting up the router as PPPoE(Airtel Username&Password). Then say everything goes well and my internet is working fine.
So my question here is, should i also tell him to disable NAT setting in WAN from his end or is it okay and will it work well? Suggestions needed

Also one more thing, can we change locked settings on a router like changing values/ticking/unticking some(I know this question is not much, i'm just curious that's why asking)...

Last edited:
Update - Finally got my port 4 bridged on my Nokia router. checked it using my laptop(through dial up) and using PPPoE Dual Stack on the Archer AXE5400. Working without any problems. Thanks a lot IBF Members, admins and everyone who had guided me all the way till here. Really appreciate it.

Hey OP, I'm stuck with the same ont, i.e. Alphion asee-1447 router. I want to bridge its connection so that I can use my own TP-Link router. Should I ask them to change the device entirely? Do you have any suggestions on how should I reach out to Airtel for same? I highly doubt if they would be able to understand my problem. How do I explain it to them that this ONT/router is a complete piece of waste. Any kind of suggestions are welcomed. Please help I'm desperate.

@ashved97
When I got GMX2122A I made a lot of noise to Airtel that it does not even have a basic feature like dhcp reservation. I wrote to both airtel and gmx contactus ids and even to airtel CEO. Finally they gave me zxn f670l.

About bridge mode, this has been discussed a few times on this forum. I raise an SR by calling 121 and then when they refuse to give bridge mode I write to escalation id net@airtel.com
Then finally NOC team does it from backend on one of the LAN ports.

@xyster - Your post is bit unclear. If Airtel backend team have enabled bridge mode on the airtel provided router, they would tell you what LAN# port it has been enabled on.
So if they say LAN# 4 then take out LAN cable from LAN#4 of airtel router and plug it into the WAN port of your own router.
Now your own router is fully under your control. Configure the PPPoE connection on it and any other desired setup as you like.

Edit1 -
You have reposted here How to enable bridge mode on Airtel Xstream Fiber?

Mods - Delete this and previous post by @xyster - they are now redundant.

Last edited:
@rohitks thanks for the detailed info, Yes, its LAN 4, however I have not received the password for PPPoE connection. Will ask for it from Airtel. Thanks once again. Apologies for posting it in different thread.

Hi @xyster
I also have the same Airtel router: aot-4221sr

I called airtel on 121 and the support person didn't know what a bridge mode is.

Can you please share step by step guide on how did you enable bridge mode on your route?