Need Help:Hathway Cable Modem,Dataone BB Modem-cum-Router. How to Wi-Fi?

• Thread starter Thread starter jackrabbit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 10,740

jackrabbit

Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave.
ISP
BSNL
Hi,Please help as much as possible, with as many ideas as you can:Recently my neighbour did a clean-up of junk, and they handed me a Hathway cable modem and a Dataone(BSNL) Broadband(Huwaei make)wireless router-cim-modem.Now I can get broadband from Hathway, using cable modem...but is there any way I can convert it into wireless(Wi-Fi) using the Dataone Broadband Huwai modem-cum-wireles router :ashamed:. Here are the ports which the modems have:Hathway Modem- Cable input, Ethernet Port, Power.Dataone(BSNL) Huwai - ADSL Input, Ethernet Port, USB Port, Power. Kindly help me, with any ideas. Cheers,A w e :redface:

BROADBAND MAIN MENU
select your modem.
Now :cablemodem ( give model number )===Rj45===>> to computer ethernet port.
Change cablemodem===>>>rJ45 ====>> bSNL MODEM waN OR lan PORT
Lanport2 to desktop.
Laptop wireless.
Cable modem only for Hathway.
Better get BSNL BB connection available immediately and use the Huawei modem.
Home 250 or 500 tariffs.
Any way give model numbers of both for further solutions.

Hi EssBebe,Thanks for the start.Im in office now...Will give the model numbers by evening.I have applied for BSNL, but the Q seems never ending...They say they will provide phone shortly...but broadband will take time. And even I have done pre-payment pf 3 months to Hathway, so I am trying out to make it wireless.Now:cablemodem ( give model number )===Rj45===>> to computer ethernet port.(This sequence is correct.)

Hi EssBebe,
Thanks for the start.
Im in office now...Will give the model numbers by evening.
I have applied for BSNL, but the Q seems never ending...They say they will provide phone shortly...but broadband will take time. And even I have done pre-payment pf 3 months to Hathway, so I am trying out to make it wireless.
Now:cablemodem ( give model number )===Rj45===>> to computer ethernet port.(This sequence is correct.)
Did your things worked out ?
I am also trying the same....

i have hathway connection in baroda , gujarat. I have been said that the connection comes from the wireless point at some building.I want to convert this connection to woreless network using my D-Link router.Can any one please tell me how to make it possible?Thanks in advance for the help.Regards,

is your hathway connecting a wired one or wifi?

A cable is coming to my room and i just plug it to my pc lan port .They have given me username and passoword . they have installed cyberroam Client where i put my server adress means primany DNS server address and username and password. i guess it is cable modem.

Here are the details:

IP :172.29.13.19
Subnet mask :255.255.255.192
Default gateway :172.29.1.1
Primary DNS :192.168.71.1
Secondary DNS :202.88.130.15

ID :******
Password :******

Hathway may be having mac address filtering on their server . I Have D-Link wireless G Router

I tried many things at my own but cant find the solution. I get connected but cant surf the net. Some times at says your router and PC are on the same subnet mask. I dont know what is the type of internet connection like PPTP , L2TP , PPPoE .

Please some one help me out.I will be a great thing for me.

Regards,

could you post screenshots of the WAN page of your wifi router..

Sure Give me one day only. Tomorrow i will put Screenshots of the same.

Thanks for your reply .

Regards,

hellotoall said:

Thanks for your reply .

Hey How to put the screen shot here ???
I made the screeen shot but dont know where to put the images???

Please tell me

hellotoall said:
hellotoall said:

Thanks for your reply .

Dear All I am attaching the Screen Shots of D-Link DIR-300 router settings web pages. I have also shown all the settings i have used to setup wireless Network. I have tries PPTP and PPPoE settings but cant find any solution.

Dear All , Please help to solve the problem. Please copy paste the link to other tab or window. put i n d i a b r o a d b a n d . n e t in place of * * * * .

"http://www.*******************/hathway/14282-pickle-hathway-cable-modem-connect-Netgear-dg834g-2.html#post179714"