need help for sharing files between wifi and lan connected systems of same modem...

• Thread starter Thread starter cnt2ssk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,556

cnt2ssk

ISP
airtel
hi all,i just brought Huawei wa1003a wireless modem and i connected 2 of my PC's(not wireless enabled) using a Netgear switch through lan cable and therafter connecting to the ethernet port of the modem.. and now i connected my Dell laptop through 802.11g wifi of the same huawei modem...The question is... i want to share files between all computers... since the two Pc's are connected by switch i can share files between them but i can't share with my wifi enabled laptop(but i can ping the 2 pc's from laptop... but not from any of the pc's to laptop).... i also disabled all firewalls but i still can't... DHCP is on and i can find all three system names , ip addresses and mac addresses in DHCP clients menu in modem...any settings i should change in modem?? any suggestions???i'm using xp in 2 pc's and vista Home premium in laptop....thanks in advance....

since you're using vista open network and sharing center and enable: 1.network discovery 2.file sharing 3.allow pcs over the network to view filesand turn off password protected sharing. once this is done enable sharing in the folders.make sure that all the pcs are on the same workgroup and then you'll be able to view the files through the my networking places in the xp pc.

Dear cnt2ssk, I had a same problem with my Nokia SEIMENS NETWORKS modem which is a type 2 modem.Finally i found out that the problem was my antivirus which was creating problem.So just check out ,it may be ur antivirus.Like to hear from u soon.

yes rahulpaul88... it's because of the antivirus only... i was using zone alarm before, but later the issue is solved when i uninstalled it.....Thanks vivekindia and rahulpaul88 for sharing...