Need help configure D-Link DSL-2750U to work with MTNL, Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter koolpal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 64,554
Guys ( @x720 ) Help me out.. Bought a new D-Link ADSL modem + Router. It has some complex interface. Setting up my MTNL Mumbai with bundled CD doesn't work. The internet light remains red, though connection works on the older modem. It has the Indian firmware version. Here are the screenshots :

f26O6nj.jpg

M7EafvS.jpg

SurrCdf.jpg

Do you have an option to select UBR without PCR? What does connection status show?

Tried the wizard?

yes tried UBR without PCR and the wizard too... the internet light remains Red somehow!! could the modem be faulty ?? ( think unlikely)

Hmm. Hard to say then without actually going through the interface. I'm sure you've connected the wires properly 😛
Username PW verified? Does the username have an @a, have you put that in appropriate field? Disable 3G backup?

If bought from flipkart, get it replaced with a w8968?

Got it figured. The problem was that the exchange had blocked mac. It allows only one modem to connect :/
Have got this one configured now. Thanks for the help 🙂

Which hardware and firmware version of 2750U everyone has ? There are 2-3 versions being sold ( V1 / U1 / C1) and also there is difference of antenna gain AND shape of those.
I got one yesterday from Amazon , got H/W : V1 with big antenna and the shape as shown on D-Link site. Flipkart / Snapdeal shows a different photo.

Anyone knows what is the official version for India ?