Need help.... cannot connect to Dataone ...

• Thread starter Thread starter pranKster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,276
ISP
Tata Indicom quick Power 360 + 9 to 9 for 299 @ 2 MBPS !
Hi,For last few days I am facing peculiar problem. Let me try to describe that:When ever I try to connect to dataone .... connection keeps retrying on any of the following pretexts:1. invalid username/password .....2. remote server did not respond in time ......3. Conneting to Dataone [connection name] ........Usually I get, errors in the above order. After 3 /4 tries the connection dialog will hang and later just informs that connection could not be established.But sometimes, on first try I get connected. Why is that on other times I cannot ?Is this a line fault ? or a modem fault?Has any one experienced this ???

I had this problem from 10AM but it got rectified half and hour back.

i do hav same problem from 5june 11pm got corrected at 2 pm on 6th juneagain when i disconnect n reconnect at 8 pm again got same thingbut got corrected with few retriesmy friend in vizag too hav same problem

many users have been facing this problem for last few days dueto server(s) down / upgradation across different parts of India .

my net got d/c last night.. man.. the comp was on for no reason.. struggled to come online ever since.. hoping this means something for the ul users.. doubt it thought.. probably just is bsnl adding those extra ports..

all my friends in chandigarh were not able to connect to their dataone connections day before yesterday.. today too, it was acting up.. I could only get connected after a no. of retries.. reminds me of my days with sify 🙂

I hope that there's something good for all UL users .... on second thoughts .... lets hope there is good news for all BSNL users ... 🙂

no mates.. its just a blow out fuse!.. seriously.. it came in today's indian express under the bangalore times section!

a blow out fuse in banglore would affect services in chandigarh? :S a link to the article would be nice 🙄

A server catering to the checking of the username/password in Bangalore was down on 6th June.Got rectified around 2 pm.service in chennai was also affected.

hhhmmm still giving me a lot of problems in chandigarh.. we have to reconnect 5-6 times before we can get connected 🙁

edit - found this in chandigarh tribune

DataOne, the broadband Internet service of state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd, was not functioning since last night following a technical snag.

The technical snag has developed at the main server at Bangalore, a senior BSNL officer told PTI here, adding that efforts were on to rectify the fault. The snag has affected DataOne broadband Internet service in entire north India, including Chandigarh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir, the sources said.

They said the snag was expected to be rectified by this evening.

Due to the snag, the services to various institutions, including banks, other financial institutions, trade outlets, offices and educational institutions has been affected.

A report from Ludhiana said about 10,000 city-based subscribers of BSNL broadband connection today faced inconveniences with the failure of the BSNL broadband service for several hours.

The major impact of the breakdown of broadband service was visible among the household and corporate connections, which constitute the major portion of the total subscriber base of BSNL broadband network here. The customers complained that they were unable to log on to the Internet connections for several hours. “I have to track the website of financial news and the Bombay Stock Exchange as well as the National Stock Exchange for carrying out stock trading daily. But today, the Internet connection of BSNL did not work, which resulted into a lot of inconvenience to me for doing equity trading,” said a retail trader in stock market.

Broadband customers complained of lackadaisical attitude of the employees of BSNL for not even registering their complaint regarding it.

heh... did they check whether the customer they talked to was indeed using the business package offered by BSNL. 😉

man... u have no idea how tough it was for me to log on to the net!! took like ten retries.. reminds me of the ol sify/vsnl dialup days.. u know what they say..the more things change.. the more they remain the same..

This is a server problem and if you try to connect again and again you may be able to connect. it may be possible that you have to try about 12 to 15 times to get connected. I am connecting by attempting that much amount It works here hope will help you.