Need Help Bridging and opening ports :Mtnl 256kbps unlimted plan

kunalsaddar

ISP
mtnl
Hello friends, i am roaming about this site since 1 week, i really cant figure out many thinks. I hope sum1 can help me..i have a modem wid model no Wa3002:g1 , i know nothn else about my modem....I have a 256kbps unlimited plan.It is basically is a wireless connection which goes to the laptop.But i put a lan wire to the router and i have connection on my computer.After reading, alot here, i have question like.1)Does Bridging really open up torrents speed ?2)if i do bridging on my desktop..(which is connected via Lan) , is it necessary 2 do it on the laptop also or what ?3)can i disconnect the modem and connect it back just from my desktop.(Basically i want this the most for Rapishare n oder sites..😛)I know nothin else..someone help me :huh:

if you need this for downloading from link-removed etc, check this program called Jdownloader - jdownloader.com

You should be able to configure the reconnect in the same under configuration - reconnection.

Not much idea on rest of your issues because I don't used bridged mode.

Well, Im going to have a setup similar to your question 2. Not sure if I am understanding Umesh here. What if my bridge mode is through a dialer. My desktop and my lappy will be connecting through the same credentials through their respective dialers. So if both are connected at the same time, and if I disconnect my dialer from my desktop will my lappy lose its connection too?On your question 3, its basically your ADSL modem that assigns your IP. Reconnecting (when connected through a single machine) would surely reassign a new IP which you can use for your next link-removed download :cool2:That brings me back to question 2. If you do have 2 machines connected at the same time, will the modem reassign a new IP if one of the machine is disconnected?