• Thread starter Thread starter Dark_Knight
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 11,113

Dark_Knight

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi,I wanted to go for a broadband connection. I stay at Andheri, Mumbai. I would really love to have an unlimited plan, and I am ready to pay around 1000 pm. Even 128 kbps will do since net will be used for gaming and heavy downloading.Can anyone help me with this?

Check if airtel is available in your area. They have 256 kbps unlimited plan.Otherwise go for MTNL package that gives unlimited downloads from 12 to 8.

Exatt, since u r in andheri... if u get the connection directly from them without any "cablewalla" then u can expect 256k for 800 bucks

go to exatt.net and get their details. CC is ok.

exatt services r too good... there arent any downtimes if u get a direct connection from them. if ur getting the connection from the cablewallah, then the downtime depends on the service of the cablewallah....

If Airtel isn't available you might want to consider Tata Indicom which has a 128 kbps unlimited for 1000. Be sure to read the posts in the relevant forum though since a number of people have had problems with their service. My personal experience with them: horrible installation wait with much delay and confusion. Since then service has been tolerable but only barely. I will probably be sticking with them for a while until something clearly better comes along.

There's an MTNL Branch office near my house, about 15-20 min walking, does this mean, that MTNL d/l speeds will be better for me?

I live 4 KM away from exchange, getting full 256 kbps. So distance should not matter. Proabably it affects only above a certain level of bandwidth.

Originally posted by Dark_Knight@Jan 6 2006, 03:37 PM
Doesnt length of cable somewhat depend on distance between the 2 places?
[snapback]38437[/snapback]
[/quote]

To an extent yes, but then again...cables are not laid as a straight line between point A and B... it depends on various other factors... 🙂

I checked out a few isps.. here's what they have to say:Airtel : Great schemes with good service (my first choice).. They said they have reached only till Lokhandwala (Thats like 10 min from my place !)Exattnet : This was second first choice.. (really cheap prices!). They will be coming to my area in a coupl of months. (They are negotiating a deal with 7 star.. my cable operator.. the cable-net provider from whom I want freedom)Reliance: Didnt care much abt this one.. they said they will take some time, as they havent even reached NEAR my area.Pacenet: after exattnet, this one was prefered.. When I asked them whter they provide services in 4 bunglows, they said 'Haanji... bilkul', I was so happy.. finally I get freedom from the crappy scheme of 7 star. Then he asked 'aapke building ka naam kyaa hai?' When I told him the name, he says 'Sorry sir, hum udhar provide nahin karte' . Im like, what sh*t man.. why not in my building.. these 7 star guys are like big gundaas here.Looks like I'll have to go for MTNL.. But all of us know.. MTNL hai, toh sahi (nahin) hai!