need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter magnet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,912

magnet

ISP
hathway
since my present net provider is not providing decent net connection./.........i might opt for sify...i want to know whether there restriction of 150 mb is reduced to 125 and also..does surfing net also counts in their plans???????...also does lan sharing download also count in 150mbs??????????and on night 128kbps plan do we hav restriction too?????and yup does they blk ports or not????

seriously. nothing can be worse than sify...

i heard that they've increased their cap from 150 MB to 200 MB per day...and every single click of data transfer counts till u're connected with their BB client...for LAN sharing, it won't count...no restrictions in Night Unlimited plans, only true "unlimited" plans they've got...they block all the damn ports in this whole world!!! :angry: even those that don't exist 😉 😛 :lol:

right. torrents were banned in my last couple of days on sify broadband... i wanted to kill my CTO... who pretended as if it was not a big deal.

yah torrent ports r still blocked , but try using differnet ports it works for me.About sify sometimes it is good , sometimes it is the worst cant say more........... 😛

lol...it means i better keep surfing ......or else ill b suffering

well i don't think night plans have any download limits on them as i have used them to download data earlier but there's no support in the night for these plans so if ur lan's working fine then maybe ur good otherwise not even god could help u and yes they block ports , u will have to fight with them to get some off ur ports openedand now the download limit for unlimited packs is 200 MB /day and after which for every 25 mb they deduct one day of validityand uploads are also counted in this limit.my advise to u is Seriously don't go for sify , go for mtnl/bsnl or any other provider

lets stop being so complacent. u need advice... okay heres some advice. SIFY SUCKS OKAY> thts all the advice u need. sify has mentally scarred me for life. i can still hear their cc's giving me their banal and incoherent chatter on the ohone. all this after i have waited for 15 minutes tryingto get thrugh their ISO winning cc shitty machine. so stay off sify and their cheating ways and lets give them a kik in the butt for calling all of us "ABNORMAL USERS"... what the heck is that!!! do i have 4 arms and 8 freaking heads. NO!!! So get off our backs SIFY!!!oh yea... SIFY SUCKS!!! BIG BIG BIG TIME.

i have suffered dude for 12 months. than i left town and got myself airtel 😉

Sify is working good for me from abt 2 months ( not many lan disconnections ) and my cto charges me nothing extra then said package rates but that downloading limits are really annoying but u still get more than 8 KB/s on 40 kb packs ..

well, u're lucky then pal...and only few ppl are lucky like u...🙂including me 😛

wat r u guys saying?? i am fine with sify.. since i am getting d/l speeds of abt 10-12 kbps on a 48 kbps unltd plan.. also there are no d/l limits... i dont guess its different for others.. i am not sure abt u/l speeds as i hardly upload anything... but its ok getting a speed of 12kbps...and yes torrents are also goin uqually well..