need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter magnet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,909
hi guyz..i needed some help from you guyz...although i m happy with my coonnexn,, thers a smaalll problem ... i ve been using sify fro more than a year.. a month or two ago when i renewd my account i was amazed to see the d/l speeds croosing 250 kbps on the same 64kbps pack... it continued for a week or two and after that it was normal like 10 kbps....i heard that its some to do with data ports and its upto the cable guy who provides the service to control my bandwidth.. plz tell me wat it exactly is .. since iam having good relations with my cable operator i can talk to him abt this thing but i need to know wat i should ask him,, like should he open up some extra data ports or what plz help me guyszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

First of all, ports have nothing to do with the actual data transfer speed.And now, its not just your local cable operator's server which decides your speed, your bandwidth is allotted to you at the central sify servers so he will not be able to do anything about your speed.The burst of high speed was most probably due to a fault at the sify servers. You are extremely lucky that it lasted a week 🙂

mehdigenius you have been using Sify for a year and you got no complaints at all? Didn't you face reduction of your speed to 2-3 kBps earlier for crossing limits? Don't you face reduction in your validity now for the same? What about downtimes, don't big and frequent downtimes bug you?Please tell us, Sify badly needs some positive user-experiences (sarcasm).

The burst of high speed was most probably due to a fault at the sify servers. [/b]

or may be some upgradation going on...but in any case, u're damn lucky man!!!

and as u've said everything is normal now, so be ready to have those days deducted from your account if u try to jump their "lakshman rekha" 😉 :lol:

Well, the same speed bursts occur in DataOne too when there is maintainance. 🙂

damn!!! why don't MTNL do maintenances too often???!!!! :angry: 😛 and for that matter, i've never got that "speed burst" anywhere...neither Sify nor MTNL...

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jun 12 2005, 02:50 AM
i have suffered dude for 12 months. than i left town and got myself airtel 😉
[snapback]12394[/snapback]
[/quote]
dude, thought tht i was unlucky... geez if i was in your place. i would have gotten my cto drunk and given everyone in my area free sify packages and fully blown bandwidth... sheeesh. when i think of it i would be more of a terrorist than a hero. heheh.