Need a help?

• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,283
You mean mumbai. I need in Ahmedabad. Well, I want to ask that is it possible to get through DNS. Like some one has 10 mbps in Mumbai and I connect my computer to his network if I get less ping time to your server. So, is there any chance that I will get good speed or my ISP will restrict it as per my tariff up to 1 mbps?

If Internet speed could be helped by simply changing DNS (by which I mean an upgrade from 1 to 10mbit/s or beyond), then I'd totally be using European DNS servers all the time. Your ISP restricts your line speed as per your tariff plan.

If Internet speed could be helped by simply changing DNS (by which I mean an upgrade from 1 to 10mbit/s or beyond), then I'd totally be using European DNS servers all the time. Your ISP restricts your line speed as per your tariff plan.
If I use local(national) private/public DNS, will I able to get?
If no because of ISP restriction, then how does DC++ work?
I am looking for some one to take 4 or 8 Mbps tariff in Mumbai and I want to share it bandwidth to me at here(Ahmedabad). Will it work?

From the couples of days, I have been observing that Indian users are getting less ping time than before from youtube and 8.8.8.8(Google DNS) .

If I use local(national) private/public DNS, will I able to get?
If no because of ISP restriction, then how does DC++ work?
I am looking for some one to take 4 or 8 Mbps tariff in Mumbai and I want to share it bandwidth to me at here(Ahmedabad). Will it work?

From the couples of days, I have been observing that Indian users are getting less ping time than before from youtube and 8.8.8.8(Google DNS) .

1. No.
2. It's because of ISP restriction yes. DC++ works at full-speed only when you're on a network that's in a LAN-like situation - the speed is unrestricted in the network, but it's set at a certain speed at the network's border. If you were on DC++ on Network A, downloading from a user on Network B, then you'd only get the speed of your plan, not up to like 10 or 100mbit/s or anything. If you're on a DSL network (BSNL or Airtel, mostly), then you would only get the speed of your plan because it's set at the DSLAM which is located near your premises.
3. No, it won't work.
4. Google has been putting in servers actually within India's borders. I see 8.8.8.8 in 54ms (which is quite high for me - I used to see my NZ DNS in 12ms on ADSL and I see my Indian DNS in 1ms) but based on nothing more than the ping time, suggests that the servers are located somewhere in NCR. I see Google in a similar pingtime (54ms) but for me Youtube is directly peered in Mumbai and I see that in 2ms only.

2. It's because of ISP restriction yes. DC++ works at full-speed only when you're on a network that's in a LAN-like situation - the speed is unrestricted in the network, but it's set at a certain speed at the network's border. If you were on DC++ on Network A, downloading from a user on Network B, then you'd only get the speed of your plan, not up to like 10 or 100mbit/s or anything. If you're on a DSL network (BSNL or Airtel, mostly), then you would only get the speed of your plan because it's set at the DSLAM which is located near your premises.

that is why I sometime see 1 or 2 mbps transfer rate when I resume paused download through IDM for one or two second. and then ISP restricts speed as per tariff.
Yeah probably DC++ allows users to connect if all are from same ISP or city. So, ISP got restrictions through their private DNS. Well, I have already set to take BSNL connectivity but I was asking for knowledge.

that is why I sometime see 1 or 2 mbps transfer rate when I resume paused download through IDM for one or two second. and then ISP restricts speed as per tariff.

Not exactly. The IDM shows a burst rate because it's working things out for a couple of seconds and then it adjusts according to the correct speed.

Yeah probably DC++ allows users to connect if all are from same ISP or city. So, ISP got restrictions through their private DNS. Well, I have already set to take BSNL connectivity but I was asking for knowledge.

No, ISPs do not restrict speed through DNS. That's done at a completely different part of the network, depending on which kind of network it actually is (DSL, cablewala, FTTx etc)

heh. chrome would start downloading a file as soon as you click the link. you take a couple of seconds to accept the download and you would see that it's already downloaded a lot. firefox too i think uses a similar strategy. this is just a placebo effect.