• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,277

acc1444

Regular
ISP
Multiple
I want to buffer 1080p video at home. It is necessary. I need it for 3 days. It means I should have at least 6mbps. I have one plan in my mind which is of BSNL, 1350 (4 mbps at 20 GB and then it will be capped to 512). Is there any way to boost or add additional bandwidth by getting shared bandwidth from local national system (0r by P2P share)????Please help me if any thing comes in mind.

Where do you stay ? 3g can get you 5-7 mbps, and i assume 15-20 gb will be enough for 3 days. Else bsnl 2799 8mbps for 50gb a month.

Where do you stay ? 3g can get you 5-7 mbps, and i assume 15-20 gb will be enough for 3 days. Else bsnl 2799 8mbps for 50gb a month.

Yeah. I think this will work. Thanx I have not checked limited tariff. 60 Gb is more. Price does not matter in case of emergency. However, it is affordable.
I live in Guj.

So are you going for 3g ? Or bsnl ?Coz bsnl will surely take some time to change your plan to an 8 mbps plan. Also, what is the 60 gb you're talking about ?

I want to buffer 1080p video at home. It is necessary. I need it for 3 days. It means I should have at least 6mbps. I have one plan in my mind which is of BSNL, 1350 (4 mbps at 20 GB and then it will be capped to 512). Is there any way to boost or add additional bandwidth by getting shared bandwidth from local national system (0r by P2P share)????

Please help me if any thing comes in mind.

Come to my place mgcarley's Channel - YouTube 😉

@MG u are still years away from launching at his location so stop teasing him man 😛... BTW I think I replied on youtube too about using camtasia instead of a handheld camera to make these kind of videos 🙂...

@MG u are still years away from launching at his location so stop teasing him man 😛... BTW I think I replied on youtube too about using camtasia instead of a handheld camera to make these kind of videos 🙂...

Yes, I met him in Ahmedabad. It's only a several-hour-train-ride away!

I replied to you on Youtube as well.

@acc144,1080p Videos Require a Stable 3mbps connection. I don't know which internet connection you are using?

Come to my place mgcarley's Channel - YouTube 😉

You mean mumbai. I need in Ahmedabad. Well, I want to ask that is it possible to get through DNS. Like some one has 10 mbps in Mumbai and I connect my computer to his network if I get less ping time to your server. So, is there any chance that I will get good speed or my ISP will restrict it as per my tariff up to 1 mbps?

----------

So are you going for 3g ? Or bsnl ?
Coz bsnl will surely take some time to change your plan to an 8 mbps plan. Also, what is the 60 gb you're talking about ?

I talked with every ISP regarding this but no one has 10 mbps connection except fiber leased line and tata. Tata is not feasible at my place. So, option is BSNL but I do not trust on it. They said up to 8mbps. So, there will be no guarantee of stability or speed commitment and after all I have to spend 3k for my need. I am ready to pay.

----------

@acc144,1080p Videos Require a Stable 3mbps connection. I don't know which internet connection you are using?

Oh, have you checked that it works good if I get 3 mbps stable? Because as I have checked, 1080p requires at least 6 mbps.

Oh, have you checked that it works good if I get 3 mbps stable? Because as I have checked, 1080p requires at least 6 mbps.
LOL. 6mbps? are you joking? the last time i was able to load 1080p on a 3mbps connection?

How about 3g ? Who all provide 3g in your area ?

Bsnl more or less provides the assured rate.

3g may work but it is not stable.

----------

LOL. 6mbps? are you joking? the last time i was able to load 1080p on a 3mbps connection?

Well, I had taken assumption on the basis of articles and also suggest minimum 6 mbps for stable live streaming as per those article. You have tested on youtube. So, it may be possible. That is good that someone is there who tested it. As you might have noticed, I do not know why but I am getting less ping time to Google public dns and youtube server from couple of months. I think google officials have installed new hub in India for better performance. It means if we use other video host, quality may suffer little bit.