• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,577

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
Friends, i m planning to buy the Reliance Big TV services in Mumbai, but am not sure whether to go for it.This is mainly coz across this site, as well as other sites, i have always read 2 opinions - 1) Some people say that in slightest of Rainy season, the signal fails.2) Some say that all in all it doesnt fail too often.So my questions are - 1) Does it fail as frequently in slightest of Monsoons?2) If it does, then generally how much is the time before it is restored?If it is not worth buying, then do let me know which one is the best one, based on following criteria:1) I need HD + DVR - coz i hav a 42" LED of LG.2) I need the channels offered in the "Platinum Pack" of Big TV - a few English movie channels less would surely be acceptable!!3) Cant miss out on Sports channels - Neo Sports, Neo Cricket, Ten Sports, DD Sports, ESPN, Star Sports, Star Cricket.4) Of course the cost can be limiting factor - may be upto 4-4.5k a year.But still, do suggest me the best, regardless of the cost, so that i can know whether to give up on my current Cable line or not.For ur info, my cable line is pathetic (IN CABLENET in Mumbai)-1) Most of the times the STB shows a "Bad or No Signal" message. And i have to switch over to the Direct line of the past, ie, the Black Round cable that went into the TVs of past.2) I pay around 300+ per month.3) I dont think it is any where near to HD, coz many times i can see the pixels break - especially in Fast scenes.3) Its EPG is utter dumb - either it shows "Channel Program" twice a day - 12 am & 12 pm for all channels, or when the channel is showing Program Z, it tells me that Program A is being aired.4) No Live Play/Pause, no DVR.5) The cable guy of our area is HIGHLY ARROGANT. He never solves the problem on time. When i say this, he solves it only when he comes to collect payment.Please someone help me out - as i am desperate to get rid of this arrogant guy, and useless Cable service provider as well.Thanks in advance!!

Answers: 1) Yes its fails in slightest of monsoons and gets restored in 1min or 2 2) Yes its worth buying a HD reciever b'coz lot of channels have began HD transmission and its cost nearly 4500Rs3) You need check before going to activate any pack 4) Choose pack according in which all these sports channels are included mostly all above 250Rs packs all sports channels are (except Tensports and NEO)

Hey, thans friend for ur reply!!So i think, Big TV is better than Cable.....coz when our cable goes out, it never returns for a minimum of 15-20 minutes, or after we call up our cable guy.This comes back in 2 odd minutes, thats superb.....this was what i was looking fo. Coz at many places, irate customers clearly appeared to hype the issue saying "Until it rains, the Signal remains dead"...!!Thanks again!!

if you go for big tv i think that it would be a worth buy only when you can bear with the cc.Big tv has the best pic quality among all the dth's.its channel pricing is also correct.but i would recommend to you that you wait until they launch new offers on the occasion of diwali.they will surely give good offers.then you can buy big tv and enjoy it.

Thanx for drawing my attention to their Customer care!! In fact i would mention an event of past few days....On Saturday late evening, i mailed a few queries to Reliance as well as Videocon - the areas which i needed to clarify, since these were the 2, i shortlisted. In fact i happened to send 1 more mail to Reliance for a question, which i forgot to ask.Then what happened is, i got a reply immediately on Monday from Videocon people mentioning the FACTS HONESTLY - "The services you have asked for, are currently not available with us...." and so on.But Reliance - Well, they didnt reply the whole day.So i got frustrated, and mailed them a strong, but nicely worded reprimand email TODAY MORNING - early.But still i have not got any reply to that as well......I wrote in my mail, and i even truly ask myself - "If these people a handling a Prospective customer in this way, then i wonder what would they do to someone, who becomes their customer?"So, no matter what, i am sticking to Videocon now - atleast they are honest!!Any Videocon personnel seeing this - I congratulate you people for being very honest, and serving your Prospective customer.:thumbsup:And any Reliance personnel seeing this - I would say only 1 thing - you people would be losing out customers very fast.....Prospects will surely run away, and even the existing customers will run away.:frown:

BIG TV cc is good for nothing. Better stick to Videocon D2H , they are about to launch their DVR soon. It got delayed.

Yep mate!! I read it around on the forum......and as i mentioned, i have been so disappointed by the cc even before buying, that i have got my message - "Stay away unless u want to commit suicide!!".....i am now waiting a month or so for DVR, else i will buy the simple version of it - but surely it will be Videocon!!Coz as mentioned, i also want to get rid of my Cable guy ASAP.But can u let me know 1 thing - How often does the signal of Videocon fail, in cases of Overcast/Rainy conditions? And if it fails, how long does it take to restore services??

I have not yet faced any CC problem yet whenever i call them the work is done as per email cc is concerned it pathetic so its better if you call them on the tool free no's The BigTv DVR cost 4990 with FULL SET for old customers it only 500/-INR discount. So its upto you to decide which DTH provider services you want to get Anyways ALL THE BEST ...HAPPY VIEWING

Yep mate!! I read it around on the forum......and as i mentioned, i have been so disappointed by the cc even before buying, that i have got my message - "Stay away unless u want to commit suicide!!".....i am now waiting a month or so for DVR, else i will buy the simple version of it - but surely it will be Videocon!!
Coz as mentioned, i also want to get rid of my Cable guy ASAP.

But can u let me know 1 thing - How often does the signal of Videocon fail, in cases of Overcast/Rainy conditions? And if it fails, how long does it take to restore services??

Signal issue is der in all DTH's in case of heavy rains the signal gets disrupted and gets restores after 5-10 mins or when the rain subsidies.

Forceindia...

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Forceindia....
I didnt see ur message earlier, so replying now!!

Actually the shock that i am feeling is - i called up their Call centre, they gave some answers, and few were left unclear, and that person told me to write write a mail to CC, which i did.

But they werent just bothered to answer.....thats when i felt that if they dont respect their Prospects, then what will they do to Proper Customers?

Good that you havent faced any problems & i really wish that atleast they serve their Existing customers like you, and not neglect them!! 🙂

But you know, we also have their Broadband cum landline. And its only after some heated verbal duels over fone, they send their people to solve the issue.

So, the general view in my home about Reliance, ADAG to be precise, as an organisation is very bad. If same happens in dth, then i will b cursed, coz rite now, its like i m trying to convince them to switch over to dth, from current cable line!!

Thanx for your suggestion though!!