• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,086

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Can anybody give me n estimate for following config. I DO NOT need a monitor, speakers, keyboard or mouse. Only the CPU dabba thingy

Here are my requirements

Core2Duo Processor
160GB SATA HDD
DVD Writer
RAM 512MB plus
Decent Graphics Card

Now Compaq is offering this for Rs 35000 including monitor , keyboard, speakers etc. The monitor is a CRT 17 inch So I wud get the deal at around 29000 minus the monitor. Is the following config decent and is the price decent too? Or shud I go in for an assembled thing
See model SR 1932IL
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF...3-12435418.html

umm it also depends upon which particular core 2 duo processor u want to purchase. there is a budget model and then there is this high performance model. 😀

E6300 9k (maybe lower)Motherboard 965 based 5-6k (lot of em to choose from)512M DDR2 2.5-3k7600GS 6k or 7300GT 4.5kDVD writer 2kHDD 3kyou need cabinet and psu too ?

Yeah Cabinet is needed and whats PSU?Something to do with power supply???? I need everything that is there in the Dabba 😛 The costs u mentioned sum to around 27000-28000.How is this graphics card -NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE 3D PCI-Express Graphics (with TV-out port). I think 256 MB memoryThis is the one coming with the above mentioned compaq model

Great list....Just exclude Mumbai from this list 🙁 hard to get such prices here

QUOTE(boygr8 @ Feb 6 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]78861[/snapback]
How is this graphics card -NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE 3D PCI-Express Graphics (with TV-out port). I think 256 MB memory[/b]

If u plan some gaming,i wont recommend it. Never buy an LE,it will be crippled..

Going by that price list, stuff is cheaper in Delhi(Nehru Place). For eg. a 120GB Seagate here costs slightly less than the price mentioned for an 80GB in that list. But compared to intl. prices it's still a rip-off. A pair of Logitech speakers i wanna pick up cost $35 in the US and the cheapest quote i got in NP was Rs. 2800 ($62). So, if u know someone in the states who's planning a trip to India in the coming months, you'll be much better off asking him to get the stuff for you.

Assume they will be just as generous when you get something that does not work but is still in warranty 🙂..prices are more but you get a replacement if there is a prob.I'm under the impression that Delhi's prices have got to be on par with those in mumbai, and that mumbai should be the cheapest in India, given the population there.BLR..heh..come here if you are rich.

Yes, bangalore prices are slightly higher because all goods need to be shipped or flown in, thru mumbai/madras/etc (so that adds costs).
But still that XLS file lets me have a pretty good idea of prevailing prices, and its gonna be the same across the country, give or take a small amount. Atleast its a better way to calculate upgrade costs, rather than have to take a wild guess with a plus/minus amount that could range in thousands! And of course, considering that i only get time towards midnight (when all shops are closed) its an additional benefit to have it all available right on my desk! 😛

Similarly, you might also want to know about approximate prices of mobile phones in bangalore? Here you go:
http://www.univercell.in/mobiles.asp

Hmm IMO dont go for a gfx card as yet......work somehow with onboard and then save and save and save and then buy a dx10 card afterwards 😛

I'd personally not bother about a dx10 card currently.
Its too expensive, & no games that truly make use of it - and by the time such games come, your 1st generation dx10 card will have become too old already. Also, what is to say that current dx10 cards (whether nV or ATi) are actually supporting it, coz there's no formal baseline laid down!

Plus, dx10 cards currently have cooling & power-consumption issues.
(not to mention driver & SLI problems & poor support - its basically looking like a replay of of all the issues with the dX9-supporting GeForce FX-5xxx series - wait for another generation & then buy an efficient product whose price would have settled down)

Moreover, intel is entering the gfx biz. So competition will improve all of them. So go for whichever GeForce7xxx card you can afford for now, & then hold out till the 10xxx comes in. These are the geforce cards worth considering (with all the other usual stuff that comes standard on nVidia cards), ATi is not worth its price currently:
7300GT - 4.2k
7600GS - 6.5k
7600GT - 8.9k
7900GS - 11.5k
7900GT - 14k

u can lookup online reviews for details or comparisons of specifications:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_7_Series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...rocessing_Units