NDTV

NDTV Imagine the newly launched entertainment channel from NDTV has crossed borders and reached UK. The channel has begun test transmission and will begin operating soon. Good news for SKY viewers in UK :thumbsup:

After watching 'Imagine' channelfrom NDTV, I think NDTV has done a great job. They have maintained the channel 'different' from other GEC's channel, specially no Saas-Bahu saga's. I like most of the shows like - Rajkumar Aryan, Dharmveer and top of all the new 'Ramayan'. Sooner Imagine will take top slot in GEC channels.Thanks to NDTV for bringing 'Imagine' soon to us viewers in UK

I don't know how to start watching hindi serials again. Even thinking about it makes me tired. Ekta Kapoor is to be blamed for this 100%. But if house m.d. is remade in hindi with nana patekar playing dr. house, then I will give it a shot.

Now 9X and SAB TV has also launched on SKY UK819 - SAB TV832 - 9X 9XM & NewX also soon be launched on SKY UK (as per news on internet)

NEW DELHI: After launching MetroNation in Delhi last September, NDTV Group plans to launch the city-specific channel in Chennai by October-end.
The next launch will be in Mumbai by the end of the fiscal. Says MetroNation CEO Rajiv Lulla, “As far as entering more markets is concerned, MetroNation will be launched in Chennai first by the end of October. The channel will be launched in Mumbai by the end of this fiscal. The subsequent launches will depend on the needs of the market.”
Lulla's focus will be to expand the reach of the channel and tap advertisers. “I will not be changing the programmes of the channel. I will be working towards strengthening our relationship with advertisers. Then my job will be to expand the distribution to make sure that the channel is widely available. The thrust will also be on marketing the channel," says Lulla.
However, Lulla did not give out the investment plans. “It would be inappropriate to comment on the investments, as it would depend on the markets we enter,” he adds.

Indiantelevision.com > News Room Headlines > NDTV MetroNation plans to launch in Chennai by October-end

NDTV Imagine launching Bollywood entertainment channel
New Delhi, Aug. 12

NDTV Imagine, in partnership with Cinestar Advertising Pvt Ltd, is launching Imagine Showbiz, a channel for Bollywood lovers. And that pretty much accounts for 90 per cent of the television viewing public in India, says Mr Harsh Rohatgi, EVP, Revenue Management and New Ventures, NDTV Imagine.

Cinestar Advertising Pvt Ltd is promoted by Mr Abhimanyu Singh of Contiloe Films and Mr Premnath Rajagopalan of Direct Access (India) Pvt Ltd. With an investment of Rs 150 crore over a period of three years planned for it, the channel goes on air on August 15.

Imagine Showbiz is expecting its strategy of a “unique marriage of promotion, programming and advertising” from tie-ups with the big film releases to contribute as much as 35 per cent of its revenues in two years. “For example, if Saif Ali Khan is endorsing Taj Mahal, we can take that association further and beyond the basic 30-second advertisement spot to programmes and features,” explains Mr Rohatgi.

“The pedigree of the NDTV brand and also the impact and awareness created by NDTV Imagine in such a short time, coupled with our experience in the entertainment business, combines to create a unique and powerful partnership,” says Mr Premnath Rajagopalan of Cinestar.

While covering the business of Bollywood, with updates on the latest news, the channel will air behind the scene happenings, interviews, and maybe even reality shows centred around a film, says Mr Abhimanyu Singh of Cinestar Advertising Pvt Ltd.

The Hindu Business Line : NDTV Imagine launching Bollywood entertainment channel

9XM also launched on SKY UK on EPG no. 829 :dance:

@SVK, how much do you spend monthly for SKY TV ?
We don't spend anything on SKY TV, because it is provided by our landlord 🙂
But it costs him 38 Pounds, in which we get Entertainment (SKY, BBC, etc with STAR Channels), News (English news channels with NDTV 24x7), Sports (only SKY SPORTS channels), Knowledge (Discovery, NGC), Style (FTV, etc) alongwith SKY unlimited broadband. We have seperately subscribed to MAX-MIX bouquet in which we get 5 Asian channels (MAX, SAB, SAHARA, AAJ TAK & ARY) for 14.99 Pounds. So total is 52.99 Pounds (= Rs 4240 😕)

I have read in the forum that Tata Sky conducts a periodic survey to review customer feedbacks. Some of the channels like NDTV Metronation and some DD channels don't come in full screen and they are a part of some actve services. Actve services affect the viewing performance of a channel on which red button appears. Forget about DD channels, but I really get irritated by that red button on NDTV 24x7 for NDTV Metronation. I wanted to ask the members if anybody really watches that channel or its a waste of a TP space and Tata Sky is earning by charging them some carriage fees?

i watch this sometimes but don't like to watch that in small screen.....strip banners at the bottom is hardly visible in that...will be gr8 if it comes in full screen