National Green Tribunal Rulings and Other Updates

pujaari

Regulars
Aug 15, 2011
New Delhi (South)
dont know how practical it is blanket banning..I have an old innova at home in its tenth year barely done 50000kms and perfect condition and well maintained ..wondering what will the fate of it will be now. think there should be some fitness test prescribed to assess condition..

Reactions: kanagadeepan

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Yup. They should stop the scam that pollution certificates are if age is the new criteria of fitness for vehicles.

Reactions: newuser990

newuser990

May 12, 2014
Delhi
i never understood what's the use of pollution certificate when anyone can get one made no matter how polluting the vehicle is.But still they keep on increasing the fine on it as if it is really making a difference.

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
Regulars
Aug 4, 2008
India
So smaller cities are going to get loads of cheaper diesel vehicles now.
Leading to more worst breathing conditions in small cities.

They should have made pollution check more strict.

What about those families who cant afford a new car but all their needs are fulfilled by existing car and is well under pollution threshold.

So i guess this rule would be strongly opposed now when public reacts.

Reactions: kickass

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the only protest that i remember coming out of the ban on older petrol car was from the business community. diesel is pretty popular for commercial transport so this should generate more heat.

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
Regulars
Aug 4, 2008
India
Hmmm Exactly.
I think they should have tied up with respective authorized service centre and forcefully got those vehicles repaired and offenders should have given back the vehicles only after payment of repairs along the penalty.

This could have given second chance to citizens to continue using their existing vehicles instead of kicking them off.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i wonder what the policy is on vehicles that enter the city. transport vehicles especially. i doubt there is a significant number of 10 year old diesel cars plying in the city. but commercial vehicles? that number is expected to be very large. especially the one that enters the city from surrounding state. whether for business in the city or passing through the city to go to other parts of the country.

Reactions: kanagadeepan