NAT type moderate after changing router

• Thread starter Thread starter thecooldean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,894
ISP
ACT
Hello, I am on ACT fibernet and have a static IP, I used to use Netgear R6220 router all these years which gave an open NAT type, however I couldn't access some websites through IPv6, so I contacted ACT support and they told me to switch to another router, so I switched to TP-Link Archer A6 v2, and now the IPv6 websites are accessible, however the NAT type is moderate, can someone help me how to get open NAT type.

The default gateway for WAN is 10.240.xx.xx and static IP WAN is 49.206.xx.xx

Is there an option to enable upnp?

So I just spoke with ACT's technical team and they said port 80 is blocked on their side due to security reasons. Could that cause moderate NAT?

@JB701 I play GTA V and RDR 2, and they have mentioned that port 80 TCP is required, but I don't really have much knowledge about networking so idk how this really works.

According to this Port Forwarding on Your Router for Grand Theft Auto V

Gta online only needs udp port 6672,61455-61458

We Recommend the following additional ports to be opened for Red Dead Online:

Port 6672 (UDP)
Port 61455 (UDP)
Port 61456 (UDP)
Port 61457 (UDP)
Port 61458 (UDP)
Ports 30211-30217 (TCP)

Strange that they mention TCP port 80 and 443, many of the ISPs in the first world also block incoming tcp 80 and 443 to prevent customers from hosting on residential connections (and also for safety because browsers by default assume port 80 and 443 for web traffic).

Look at this thread:

It mentions that Rockstar likely meant outgoing Port 80 and 443, not incoming. All outgoing traffic is open on ACT (and most ISPs).

Last edited:
@JB701 nice, thanks for letting me know. I have forwarded the other ports and I still don't understand why I get moderate NAT. If I plug in ACT's cable directly into my PC without the router I get open NAT too.