NAT error

vishal_j

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 2, 2005
I'm on the Mtnl 256 kbps 590NU plan and have a D-Link DSL 502T ADSL modemFirmware Version : V2.00B01T01.ML.20050530I'm using the Azureus client for downloading torrents but keep getting a NAT error on each and every port I specify. I went through the other threads in the forum but didn't help much (I think I did it wrong). Can someone give me a step by step guide to open say... port 50000. I also don't have a static IP address. The main reason I need this to work as I cannot upload. I make torrents myself so I need to upload and right now I am not getting any incoming connections.Please let me know if I should post anymore info. ThanksAlso my status is as follows: SNR Margin 31 26 dbLine Attenuation 21 11 dbData Rate 256 256 kbpsWhat does this mean? Is it good or bad?

Divx

Dec 2, 2005
Also try using another Torrent coz sometimes it happens coz of too low seeds.I prefer Utorrent.Only One reason :- Not system Heavy.

vishal_j

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 2, 2005
Actually the download speeds I get are around 25 kb/s which is close to the max that I get with Download Accelerator. Its the uploading that I wanna fix

Originally posted by max@Dec 2 2005, 08:37 PM
try putting your modem in bridge mode. Should work.
[snapback]33894[/snapback]
[/quote]

I did that and it stopped working completely! Had to find my way around and change back to the normal setting.

Also do I have to switch off my modem after 12 am for the NU plan to take effect?

Divx

Dec 2, 2005
Come On man I use Bridge mode Over here and get 23 KB download and 20 upload speed.In order to be safe Just Turn Off and Back On U r Router at 12:00 AmGo to Mtnl triband page there also they mention it!!!!

vishal_j

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 2, 2005
I'll try it once moreOk so I just turn it to bridge mode in Home>Wan>Wan setting.Do I need to do anything else to open my ports after this or will that be enough?

Raptor

Regular
Regulars
Oct 14, 2005
Make sure u give access to all ports to the file javaw.exe thru ur firewall to avoid NAT error.

robikewl

Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by cyberwiz@Dec 2 2005, 11:39 PM
All information regarding switching to bridge mode is here

http://broadbandforum.in/index.php?showtop...065&#entry16065

It should solve all ur NAT errors.

Your Modem stats are normal nothing wrong with them.
[snapback]33940[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was using the Bridge mode for about 1 week. Its working like dream.

But yesterday I started getting NAT errors on Azureus/UTorrent. I am using port number 61116.
I have WinXP/Win98 on my PC. Untill yesterday they both were working great.
I checked the ports on "https://grc.com/x/portprobe=61116". They should be open normally. But they show "STEALTH" on WinXP and "CLOSED" on Win98.

Have MTNL started blocking ports?