NASA News & Updates

NASA and Internet Archive partners to archive imagesUS Space Agency NASA has said in a statement that they are partnering with the nonprofit Internet Archive to archive their image database.The two parties would be making available these historic images through a central, searchable Web location.Internet Archive said that they are going to spend millions [...]

NASA and Internet Archive partners to archive images

NASA: Space Shuttle launch currently on trackNASA’s senior managers have said that they have cleared the space shuttle Discovery for its scheduled liftoff Tuesday. With this they have overruled the fears of a safety group who asked for more repairs on the Space Shuttle body before any future launch.Shuttle program manager Wayne [...]

NASA: Discovery launch currently on track

NASA starts preparation for next Space Shuttle launch Space Shuttle might just have returned from its mission to the International Space Station but NASA has already started work on the next mission scheduled for December. US space agency NASA moved space shuttle Atlantis to its seaside launch pad on Saturday. It left the Kennedy Space Center’s assembly building [...]

NASA starts preparation for next Space Shuttle launch

NASA postpones Space Shuttle launchNASA has now postponed the launch of space shuttle Atlantis to Saturday as they are going to work on resolving a fuel sensor problem.NASA reported that they delayed the launch after noticing that the two sensors in its external tank failed a routine check.They have until December 13 for this latest [...]

NASA postpones Space Shuttle launch

Boeing wins NASA order for Ares I rocket US based airline company Boeing has confirmed that they have now won a contract valued at about $800 million to build the flight-control unit of Ares I rocket for the US space agency NASA. The Ares I rocket is part of the program being designed to take the man [...]

Boeing wins NASA order for Ares I rocket

NASA plans next space shuttle launch on May 31US space agency NASA has said that they are now aiming to launch the Space Shuttle on its next mission later this month.NASA said that they have decided to go ahead with their schedule for this two-week trip to deliver a Japanese lab to the international space [...]

NASA plans next space shuttle launch on May 31

NASA to launch Hubble mission in October this yearUS space agency NASA has said that they would be launching their latest mission to the Hubble Space Telescope in October this year.The mission was originally expected for August this year.NASA is delaying it by a couple of months to be better prepared for the launch. They [...]

NASA to launch Hubble mission in October this year

NASA could extend the life of Space Shuttle Experts are amused at the possibility that NASA is now considering plans to extend the life of their Space Shuttle fleet.The US space agency is said to be looking at the idea of operating the Space Shuttle past its scheduled retirement in 2010.They expect to be ready [...]

NASA could extend the life of Space Shuttle