Nano SIM availability in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 6,421
Thanks again ! 😉 guess, members will still be interested in finding out more about nano sims.....not sure if changing title will any good ! happy to see 200+ odd views in 9 hrs....LOL..

Hello Sanjeev,Thank you for writing to us. We will update you once it is available.Regards,Vodafone Customer Care.

Hi Guys,I wonder how hard is it to get nano SIMs in India for iPhone5?I mean if you can't find the official one that can I cut my micro SIM to the nano size and does it work ? Because they seem to be bit thinner too.

You can cut it with proper dimensions. Few of friends did that last week ...

Which Nano SIM card adapter is good?

I read on net that bad adapter can damage your phone.

I see lots of people selling Noosy adapter from 30 to 100Rs.

Please don't buy an adapter. Get a new SIM card. An adapter in all likelihood will damage your SIM slot, particularly if its a SIM tray.

Well, then how do I insert Nano SIM to FULL SIM slot without adapter?

I currently have Full SIM but now will get NANO SIM.

But just incase I have to insert Nano SIM in Full OR Micro SIM slot how do I do that?

Btw what is SIM tray?

phones without removable battery have a sim trey that comes out of the phone in which you place the sim. phones with removable batteries usually have a slot behind the battery for the sim where you slide in a sim.

i think you are on airtel... airtel gives out a smart sim these days lol. which has the outer body of the nano sim. so you can use it as a nano and regular sim. not sure how it differs from an adapter.

No Airtel gives you micro sim with removable outer part (which otherwise makes it FULL sim)

So SIM tray would not come with iPhone?!! I will have to buy that too?!!

airtel has both. smart microsim and smart nanosim.

and sim tray is part of the freaking phone.

z9DpZvd.jpg

Actually airtel smart microsim gets stuck in FULL sim slot (atleast in xolo mobile phones)

What happens is when u pull outer part, the thumb presses inner part bit down. (because outer part width is half thumb size so it always presses inner part down)

So outer part comes out but inner part gets stuck in slot.

So you have to pull outer part with a nail very very carefully.

been there. i broke 2-3 of the metal hinges in the sim slot on the Galaxy nexus while taking out a microsim in a regular sim body.