• Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 6,410

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Just when we thought all would be made right again, though, Giesecke & Devrient — the German firm that made the world's first commercial SIMs back in 1991 — has debuted a new "nano-SIM" that trims about 30 percent of the size off the already tiny micro-SIM. Though it's thinner than both the standard SIM and the micro-SIM, G&D promises that reverse compatibility with older devices will still be ensured with an adapter — not a great solution, of course, but it's better than producing an entirely incompatible component.

SIM card pioneer debuts nano-SIM, destined to make swapping phones even harder | The Verge

what's the utility of it?, when we are already having micro-sim

i bet someone asked what was the use of micro-sims when they were introduced. 😛well devices are getting compact and a smaller sim means less space required by it!

Right now we have dual sim and tri sim phones. In same lines, iPhone 7 or 8 may be a deci sim, or even quinquagint sim phone if we can have a smaller SIM card. Just thinking, why we need a sim card, if the phone could be compatible with each player?

Yeah they should do away with the sim and make authentication based on some code which the users enters on his device to get logged on to a particular network.

Yeah they should do away with the sim and make authentication based on some code which the users enters on his device to get logged on to a particular network.

Is that not what CDMA devices used to do? Or do you mean a user configurable code?

Any news on Voda launching nano sims in Delhi......there helpdesk does not have any information on the nano sims "sir our systems are not updated with nano sim..hence we cannot tell to you anything"....WTH🙁

lol. iPhone 5 is not even launched in the us market yet. even t-mobile is aiming to have stock of nano sims by mid of next month. wait for a couple of weeks at least. i assume Apple would bring the iphone 5 to india by november or december and by that time, local operators should have nano sim in stock.

Thanks for sharing that piece of info ...🙂...heard the iphone5 launch in India may be some time in mid OCT.....

seems unlikely considering the initial demand in usa and european markets. they would take a month or two to cater to that before expanding into smaller markets like here in india.

Thread title needs to be changed. Replace the exclamation point with a question mark. I thought there was some news about voda offering nano sims when I read the title :/