• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,472

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
I am getting a connetion no found error whem i try to use the smart wizard that comes with Netgear wireless wgr614v6 router.I have beetel 220bx modem.I am unable to access routerlogin.netWhen I switch over to my beetel modem, it works fine.Is there some conflict between netgear router and beetel 220bx?please give step by step method if you can to solve this problem.

hi ,
see if this thread helps
http://www.broadbandforum.co/index.php?sho...5554&hl=netgear

i dont use airtel, but i think they run PPPoE(dont worry abt the jargon, its just a way to get broadband into you home...simplistically speaking), in PPPoE based systems you have a user name and a password thru which you connect to your ISP.

Right now your modem probably has the user name and password saved in it, now tht you plan to connect a router, you have the option of having the user name and password saved on the router instead of the modem. to do this you'll have login to you modem first and put it in bridge mode(make sure you know your ISP user name and password before you do this, bridge mode-try running the Wizard, it'll take you through the steps).

Once the modem is in the bridge mode, you'll need to connect the router to modem and the computer to router, if the router came with a configuration CD run it, and select PPPoE as the type of connection(I think Netgear routers ask you some thinglike"Does your ISP require you to login with a user name and a password?" on the configuration wizard).

this should work...if it doesnt try powercycling - turn off the computer - router - modem, wait a minute then turn on the modem first wait for it to get in synch(the modem will have a little green light by the name of ADSL or DSL or Sync or something of tht sort, wait for this light to blink and then go solid)...then turn out the router wait for abt 30 seconds for the router to boot up and then turn on your computer ... see if it works now.

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Oct 18 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]65886[/snapback]
We could get into all sorts of details and such... but to give you a simple way to fix your problem... call Customer Care, or your local Airtel dude if you know his number... they'll fix it for you (at no charge AFAIK).

Also make sure afterwards that you make your wireless network secure. See http://www.broadbandforum.co/Best-Router-F...i-fi-t7702.html [/b]

I did call them.

But, they said they could not help since the router was not bought from airtel. 🙁

I have managed to connect to internet using Netgear. The problem was conflict in ip addresses.

both beetel and netgear had same lan 192.168.1.1 adddress leading to the problem.

But, my main objective of wireless connectivity is still not solved!!! I don't know how to go about creating wifi network between my wifi enabled laptop and the router.

Can you help me do this? 🙄

Well what kind of stuff do you want to do? Share files/folders/printers?p.s. while replying don't quote from the last post in the thread.

ok ... wifi enabled laptop ... iam assuming you are running WinXP and you want to connect to the internet wirelessly ...

You need to get to network connections and check if your laptop is detecting the router...if it is you'll see a wireless connection icon under LAN or high speed internet heading...right click it and click connect.

also have a look at this
http://www.geekgirls.com/windowsxp_home_network.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...n/wifisoho.mspx

my wifi anabled laptop is not detecting network.

Is there a way to check if the wifi on my laptop is NOT defective??

QUOTE(d00by @ Oct 23 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]66393[/snapback]
my wifi anabled laptop is not detecting network.

Is there a way to check if the wifi on my laptop is NOT defective??
[/b]

You can go to Barista/ Cafe cofee day and see if you can surf net from there 😉

IF you can't then there could be a problem with driver or card on your lapttop.