• Thread starter Thread starter stb.june
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 11,699

stb.june

ISP
BSNL
Hi "IP Gurus",

Has anyone tried to use MyWay STB outside the BSNL / MTNL network? If it is a "standard IPTV STB", by principle they are suppose to work with any Internet connection. I have used IPTV STBs in other countries before and they all have been consistently the same whereby they all work as far as you have a internet connection and provided you have paid your account and you have the freedom to use it on any network.

If anyone else has tried to test this outside the BSNL network, I have few questions for you:

1. I have heard about few modem settings that are required before you connect a MyWay STB, like enabling IGMP snooping and one other and also a port mapping. If anyone is aware of these, can you please share them ? I know the installation guys do it, I am planning to replace my modem and would like to do it myself this time.

2. Are you aware if MyWay service is restricted to BSNL / MTNL IP address ranges?, the challenge I have is that though I am on a BSNL / MTNL network, VPN'd to an external network where by my IP is on a different range : (

I have seen few forum discussions where few are making assumptions about the service, I am hoping to hearing from someone who has tried this or know the "ip technology"

Appreciate all your responses...

- STB [No does not mean Set-top-box : ) ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,Did you manage to find out about this query of your's. As I want to use the MYWAY box in Sweden and wondering the same thing. But no one has answered. If you have a outcome of this query pls share it.Thank you.