My Vodafone 3G experience, just so you know.

• Thread starter Thread starter Kay Khoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,557
So every time I interacted with Vodafone I documented my experience, because Vodafone simply doesn't care. And this will be my ongoing project. http://t.co/Xc4cP1Vg.
Yes they suck.

Hello Sir/Madam,

We appreciate your time on the call with our executive. We hope we were able to address your concern.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care, Mumbai.

wow dude your story is just horrifying tale I left voda too few years back and went back to airtel as they never gave dam about their customers !

The problem exists with other vendors also, and he is quick to point that out as well, in the beginning to the blog (if I can call the doc that). The problem lies a lot with the inefficiency of people working for such companies, but, on tracing back, it again goes back to the company and their ineffective policies, practices and methods. Taking an example, they give contract to a sub-dealer/contractor/associate who offers the best deal, in order to make more profit, who in turn compromises on quality to get his pound of flesh, which in other word means hiring of slip-shod salesmen/CC executives, who wants to meet his target with the limited capabilities and training etc given & so on the cycle continues.

This problem happens with every operator. This is common cheating practice adopted by each and every operator. If you ask for discontinue their service to CC on phone. The standard reply of this CC is "Sorry Sir, Our system is in maintenance. Try to call after 4 hrs." I have got this reply 9/10 times. No matter who the operator are.

I am using Vodafone Prepaid with 3G Services activated for more than 2-3 months, seems to be working just fine for me.In NCR region I get speeds of up to 5mbps and reception has been solid even in lifts and basements, but that is my personal experience.

Look at these links, I made so many complaints regarding their non-existing 3G services. In last three months they just kept on making excuses and billed me. Finally they said there are brown areas in most part of Bangalore where we cannot get 3G signal which is eventually piggy backed on Airtel spectrum ( while their 2G signal is perfect). As and when I tried to switch on 3G on my phone I was not able to receive or make calls as signal dropped to one signal bar. Also phone had zero signal during transition from 2g to 3g. But at the same place with 2G I have perfect signal. So basically using 3G SERVICES of Vodafone is killing yourself at your own cost, as it ruins your voice calls and you hardly able to use data with poor speed.

Infact Vodafone has nothing called 3G which they are selling as world's best network. On top of that after 3 months of running around I was told by Nodal office that it is not feasible for Vodafone to provide 3G services when I warned them with legal action.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9475/vodafone3gw.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9475/vodafone3gw.jpg