My very disappointing experience with D2H Customer Care/Support Engg.

• Thread starter Thread starter sandy84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 2,227

sandy84

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom 4mbps NU
I am using D2H connection for past 10 months. On Tuesday 9 Nov. some children while playing accidently broke a dish bracket, so the reception was interrupted. I filed a service request to fix the broken dish bracket. Also I wanted to move the location of the dish as the issue might occur again some other location on the same terrace. Customer care person told me that engineer will let you if it will be necessary to move the dish. They provided me a complaint number. On Wednesday 10 Nov. a person came at around 11 am and inspected the problem and let us know the price for fixing the bracket and relocation (both are different charges). He said he does not have required spare parts and he will come back in afternoon. That person never came back after during the rest of the day. So I made call of customer care later that day and they provided one more complaint no. Again on Thursday 11 Nov. no body came to fix the problem. So I again made a call to customer care to again get a new complaint no. Even on Friday 12 Nov. nobody came to fix the problem. Similar thing happened on Saturday 12 Nov. So on Saturday I again called customer care to get another complaint no. Nobody came on Sunday too. So it is total of 5 days since I filed my original complaint. I also sent a email informing these things to nodal officer at nodalofficer.maharashtra@d2h.com on Sunday. Again nobody came to fix the issue on Monday. At last a person called at 8pm to let me know that the problem will be fixed tomorrow morning (Tuesday morning). But as usual nobody came. So for a last try I called the local number from which I had got the earlier call. That time too they told me again make a complaint to fix the dish as all of my prev. complaint were closed :huh:. Finally after some heated argument a person came and fixed the problem. In the end they have provided me a total of 6 complaint/work order numbers. And to fix a dish bracket they took nearly a week!!

So now after such a horrible experience, I have lost my confidence of D2H. The after sales service provided by them is really very poor. Nobody even turns up after repeated calls. One thing I don't understand is why they give different complaint no. on each call to customer care. Why can't they use the original complaint no. for their reference? They also informed me that my previous complaints were closed (without my consent) as I had shown them interest to change the location of dish. They kept telling me file a new complaint for relocation and to my surprise the CC won't take my complaint saying that there is a open complaint to fix the dish. So I was in dilemma whom to believe. I have still to receive a reply from Nodal officer for the email I sent to him. Looks like he is too does not care about customers.

Once the account balance gets nil, I am going to close my D2H account. I am now going to try to talk to CC and get the refund for 6 days of no reception. Let us see if they are at least able to do that.