My Tata Indicom Broadband experience (Bangalore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well murphyslaw i hope the situation lasts..its good to have optoins if Airtel misbehaves in the future.The trial period is at least 6 months to a yr..

Hi All,Whatz the upload spped offering by tata indicom for 256 unlimited plan ? thanks for your time

no its 512 kbps for 2 mbps plans . Its even mentioned in their site and i do get 60-70 KB/s upload on tata and dload is always around 230 KB/s . Tata indicom is working great for me 😀

^ Its 512kbps for 2 mbps plan but 256 kbps for 256k UL. 🙂

Earlier I said that overall I am happy with the connection although I had a day of downtime in first week and when it worked it worked fine. Now I have connection for 1.5 months and in total I had to register complaint for problems 3 times. First two times problem got fixed in a days time (reasons given by TataIndicom (1. Cable Cut 2) Server problem). Third problem happened on last Friday when the Router went bad. The DSL light was permanently on (even when the phone line is diconnected) and there was no blinking (which shows DSL sync up). It took 4 calendar days to get the modem replaced. Now with 6 days of downtime in around 40 days I can say that this quality of service and modem which went bad in less than 2 months sucks.

Welcome to Tata Indicom. My experience with them has also been pretty bad. They do have some good months but over a long period there are just too many outages. They are particularly awful during the monsoon.

I just cannot see you guys suffer anymore!!

Dear all:
Do POOR services with TATA-indicom surprise anyone of you?
Come on... get real, they are a bunch of thugs, cheating us on a daily basis... no credits for downtimes, no credits for drops in speeds, no toll-free numbers that we can call when we have issues... basically NO SERVICE GUARANTEES FOR US AT ALL !!

Stand up and stop taking the nonsense... write to the bosses of the ISP (VSNL/ TATA-indicom), write to the press, write to consumer forums (be careful of MouthShut.com), write to the Nodal Officer at TRAI ...

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Send letters only by courier, keep the WB slip/ proof at hand because you will land up having to eventually escalte matters to TRAI, like I have done:

Here are the relevant addresses:

Mr. Subodh Bhargava
CMD
VSNL - Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Bangla Sahib Road
New Delhi - 110 001
Delhi
eMail: s.bhargava@vsnl.co.in

His PA:
Mr. R. K. Khushu
Tel.: 011-23747319
eMail: rk.khushu@vsnl.co.in

Also write to:
Ms. Mamta Jain
Customer Assurance Head
VSNL HQ - Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
M. G. Road, Fort
Mumbai - 400 001
Tel.: 022-66101240
eMail: mamta.jain@vsnl.co.in

After all of the above don't forget to get TRAI, the regulatory body, involved!!!

Stand up and stop taking the nonsense...
For those that use their 'Mobile Telecommunication Services', write to the Managing Director, TATA TeleServices:

Mr. Anil Sardana
Managing Director
TATA TeleServices Ltd.
A, E, & F Blocks, Voltas Premises
T. B. Kadam Marg, Chinchpokli
Mumbai - 400 033
Tel.: 022-666710xx
eMail: anil.sardana@tatatel.co.in

His PA:
Mr. Maheshwar Patole
eMail: maheshwar.patole@tatatel.co.in

His Secretary:
Ms. Poonam Saxena
Tel.: 022-66671037
eMail: poonam.saxena@tatatel.co.in

After writing to the above -- don't forget -- do get TRAI involved. The rulatory body must get to know what the ISP is doing to all of us.

Need more help... I can be reached at ajoyericlal AT gmail DOT com.

Cheers and good luck!
Ajoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I am New Delhi and had a awful 2 weeks but ever since then and all the time before that it was excellent! I called them up when it was not working and asked them what was the problem... they sent a engineer and I followed him... It was actually a cable cut and some bastard was consistently cutting it! Now my connection has been fine for a month and it is amazing!

Lucky you BUT...Is the cable your property? ... are you responsible for it? ... do you service it, i.e. join it when it is cut? Fact remains, when a line is down for that or any other reason it is TATA Indicoms problem, not the consumers. You'd have to agree to that, right? Kick 'em when they do not provide what you are paying for... every minute, every day, every week, every month, every year... and all the 'kbps' that they owe you! If you pay on time they must deliver in full!!No compromises, dude!... or do you let the vegetable-wallah get away with giving you 500g, if you have paid for all of 1000g... huh??

Yes thats true. Whenever I have a problem and I call them... they come within 4 hours which is good.

Yes thats true. Whenever I have a problem and I call them... they come within 4 hours which is good.

Good for you, dude!
I have called them 465 times and spent more than 2,100 minutes on the phone with these you know whats and nothing has changed.
Hardly any services at all in July 2007, line down for more than 150 hours in August ... despite that no downtime credit... and I am still making calls at my cost.

For whosoever else on this forum:
If you plan to go for TATA Indicom, you go at your own risk. I cannot at all recommend it to anyone!!

The SHOW must go on...

TATA-indicom Part II (the fraud unfolds... behold: Lal is not the only one!)
CNN-IBN - Saturday, 13.10.2007 - 18:30 hrs. (All about the money!)

Also, check out the following:
The Hindu, 08.10.2007, Page 3:
“Bye-Bye TATA“
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/t...10/08/&prd=th&

The Times of India, 12.10.2007, Page 26:
“Broadband Loses Speed “
Broadband loses speed-India Business-Business-The Times of India

Neighbourhood FLASH, 11.-17.10.2007, Cover & Page 5:
“Broadband is slow? Fight for your right! “
The story is on the cover of this free, non-political newspaper distributed in all of South Delhi & Gurgaon (NCR)!

Much more to come.
If you know any journalists, send them to me. I'll give them enough to write about for the next one year (by then I would have collected enough for the following two!).

Keep it up... stand up and shout out loud!
For starters, write your stories/ criticism to:
1. editorial@consumer-voice.org (Subject Line 'Sick of these ISPs')
2. mytimesmyvoice@timesgroup.com (Subject Line 'Consumer Watch')
... please "cc" me at: ajoyericlal AT gmail DOT com

Cheers
Ajoy :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.