• Thread starter Thread starter neevarp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 11,069

neevarp

Regulars
ISP
Asianet DOCSIS 3.0
Any BSNL mobile subscribers tried using the My Service portal. Using this portal, we can send GPRS, MMS settings directly to the phone. Also the Cellone menu present in the sim can be edited. Different portals are available for north, south, east and west zone subscribers. The respective portal can be found in here Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited

And here is my problem. I can log into the portal, but when i click the WIB Services tab, i get the following error message Your SIM card is not activated. Initialization failed. MSISDN: 919496xxxxxx, reason: Exception: Could not fetch services!

Any ideas why such an error message comes? Anyone experienced the same? I tried explaining this to the Customer Care people, but they are plainly unaware of such a portal (cant blame them :wall🙂

i also logged in and successfully received the settings few months back...But, since i havent activated GPRS, i didnt try much. I got the same error once and i thought it may be because i didnt activate it !Customer Care? hehe, they know nothing. Today my cousin, who came here to study some course in Jetking got selected for customer care (Malayalam) ! He will get training from monday and will be paid 4500 per month itseems !! So, just think about their standard ! He hardly knows anything about these kind of stuff. It will be difficult to get help on WAP, GPRS from these guys who hasnt even heard of those stuffs ! (i dont think training will be any better)

I have activated GPRS. Its just that i am unable to use any of the services listed in the Cellone menu. Previously i had same problem with another BSNL sim. I logged into this portal, deleted all the entries under Cellone menu (using the portal) and re-enabled it. And the services started working fine. I wanted to do something similar with this sim too... 😡