• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,038

devx101

Senior
ISP
LL/cable/3G then bck to EDGE
guys wanted to share my exp. with new ADTV customer experience. Hope it will be of some use to prospective customers.:Storyteller:

I had booked the HD connection a few days back along with my new tv. I was earlier thinking of buying online but they said it will take 2-3 days to process hence i had to discard the option. I took the 2790 HD pack with 2M Eco sports pack free.

why ADTV.....

Discarded choices:
Dish TV: It's pack prices are good/reasonable. but what i have heard from various forums as well as distributors is that its PQ/AQ is pathetic. Moreover its cust. service record is very bad. Big stores don't sell it either. And the 35HD thing was really a blot on a company like Zee, it is like looting innocent customers.. Moreover its clause of using only Platinum pack with HD Connection was another deterrent. I cant pay 400 bucks p.m. just for TV, its too much. :thumbdown:

Reliance: out of ques. its a reliance product:naughty_bottom:.

D2H: serious AQ/PQ problems from what i saw in the stores. pack structure good but bad hardware. Remote though universal is not very good.

Hence only ADTV and Tata Sky were left in my list.
From that i went on to choose ADTV.

1. The pack structure of ADTV is very good from my family point of view(one may differ). It is because it is the only DTH op. which perhaps gives some English News and Business channels in its lowest packs. whereas in other ops u have to either subscribe to packs costing nearly 300 bucks or go for Top ups(from top up point of view TS has the best on @ just 20rs.).

2. ADTV's economy sports pack is way better than the supreme sports pack of TS. Same for The mega pack in comp. to grand sports pack which is way too costly.The initial entry costs are also a little lower for ADTV as well in comparison to Tata sky.

3. Its PQ is a little better than TS from what i saw in the stores(my personal observation/can differ).

4. This one is the biggest of all. The UNIVERSAL REMOTE beats TS hands down in this. The feature is too good to spare.The hassles of two remote's is quite problematic.

One thing i came to know from dealers is that the choice for most of the customers is TS and ADTV:duel:. others find little space in big stores. I personally think TS and ADTV might have aggressive commission structure that's why every one wants to sell it.

INSTALLATION EXPERIENCE
The service engineer came the very day but as it was night so installation scheduled for next day @ 1030 hrs. The guy came up two hours late. Then he fixed up the whole thing.
To my Horror the service guy started from east direction when checking the alignment(i knew it was SE as a ADTV conn. is just next to my house ). I thought they will know the satellite direction but !!! Now a small thing happened here, the guy was asking for the place to put antennae. I showed him some place, he zeroed it on one. But another room of my house was slightly obstructing the view. I said will it create some prob. he said no no. When he finally put the complete assembly it obstructed the view. ahh...........

The signal strength was 80%/ ranges from 220-230 while BER is not zero but shows 10000e-07 like values. IS it OKAY?
Now i would say the signal quality at installation was 20-30% (it was cloudy), at night/now it has climbed to 40-45% values. BUT i would say clearly THERE IS NO DROP OR CHANGE IN PQ in anyway its the same.

Then there was some problems with activation but was the service started from 4:30pm finally. :cake:

EXPERIENCE TILL NOW

Excellent. beats down cable tv through miles.
Sound quality excellent.
Remote is responsive and well laid out.

One thing that i noticed is the PQ changes sometimes. I found this in discovery ch.
and the System sometimes hangs while accessing iTV/games directly from the remote. Though this are minor problems.

At last a nice and decent experience till now.:solid:

guys wanted to share my exp. with new ADTV customer experience. Hope it will be of some use to prospective customers.:Storyteller:

I had booked the HD connection a few days back along with my new tv. I was earlier thinking of buying online but they said it will take 2-3 days to process hence i had to discard the option. I took the 2790 HD pack with 2M Eco sports pack free.

why ADTV.....

Discarded choices:
Dish TV: It's pack prices are good/reasonable. but what i have heard from various forums as well as distributors is that its PQ/AQ is pathetic. Moreover its cust. service record is very bad. Big stores don't sell it either. And the 35HD thing was really a blot on a company like Zee, it is like looting innocent customers.. Moreover its clause of using only Platinum pack with HD Connection was another deterrent. I cant pay 400 bucks p.m. just for TV, its too much. :thumbdown:

Reliance: out of ques. its a reliance product:naughty_bottom:.

D2H: serious AQ/PQ problems from what i saw in the stores. pack structure good but bad hardware. Remote though universal is not very good.

Hence only ADTV and Tata Sky were left in my list.
From that i went on to choose ADTV.

1. The pack structure of ADTV is very good from my family point of view(one may differ). It is because it is the only DTH op. which perhaps gives some English News and Business channels in its lowest packs. whereas in other ops u have to either subscribe to packs costing nearly 300 bucks or go for Top ups(from top up point of view TS has the best on @ just 20rs.).

2. ADTV's economy sports pack is way better than the supreme sports pack of TS. Same for The mega pack in comp. to grand sports pack which is way too costly.The initial entry costs are also a little lower for ADTV as well in comparison to Tata sky.

3. Its PQ is a little better than TS from what i saw in the stores(my personal observation/can differ).

4. This one is the biggest of all. The UNIVERSAL REMOTE beats TS hands down in this. The feature is too good to spare.The hassles of two remote's is quite problematic.

One thing i came to know from dealers is that the choice for most of the customers is TS and ADTV:duel:. others find little space in big stores. I personally think TS and ADTV might have aggressive commission structure that's why every one wants to sell it.

INSTALLATION EXPERIENCE
The service engineer came the very day but as it was night so installation scheduled for next day @ 1030 hrs. The guy came up two hours late. Then he fixed up the whole thing.
To my Horror the service guy started from east direction when checking the alignment(i knew it was SE as a ADTV conn. is just next to my house ). I thought they will know the satellite direction but !!! Now a small thing happened here, the guy was asking for the place to put antennae. I showed him some place, he zeroed it on one. But another room of my house was slightly obstructing the view. I said will it create some prob. he said no no. When he finally put the complete assembly it obstructed the view. ahh...........

The signal strength was 80%/ ranges from 220-230 while BER is not zero but shows 10000e-07 like values. IS it OKAY?
Now i would say the signal quality at installation was 20-30% (it was cloudy), at night/now it has climbed to 40-45% values. BUT i would say clearly THERE IS NO DROP OR CHANGE IN PQ in anyway its the same.

Then there was some problems with activation but was the service started from 4:30pm finally. :cake:

EXPERIENCE TILL NOW

Excellent. beats down cable tv through miles.
Sound quality excellent.
Remote is responsive and well laid out.

One thing that i noticed is the PQ changes sometimes. I found this in discovery ch.
and the System sometimes hangs while accessing iTV/games directly from the remote. Though this are minor problems.

At last a nice and decent experience till now.:solid:

One thing I would like to mention here from Personal experience...Never decide on a DTH Picture Quality by seeing it in any of the stores. They use split connections and the quality looks bad than it actually is. I experienced this when I bought my LG 47LE5500. As mentioned earlier, I have experienced this scenario in almost all the big branded store chains. Better check the quality at some relative's or friend's place to get an *approximate* idea on the Picture / Audio quality.

One thing I would like to mention here from Personal experience...Never decide on a DTH Picture Quality by seeing it in any of the stores. They use split connections and the quality looks bad than it actually is. I experienced this when I bought my LG 47LE5500. As mentioned earlier, I have experienced this scenario in almost all the big branded store chains. Better check the quality at some relative's or friend's place to get an *approximate* idea on the Picture / Audio quality.

yup hez absolutely rite. stores uses spliters.
m a customer of ADTV since 1.6yrs and its been the best decision in tv. and recently ADTV channels shifted to a new sattlites to accomodate more Hd chhannels.
so a guy came recently n changed d directions of my antenna.
since then i noticed no change in PQ. but yes the AQ is definatly fired up on SD channels which used to hav LQ audio. like star plus, Sony star gold, b4u, ngc, and few others
too. now all these channels sound have improved clarity and after all more STEREO content which is clearly audible.
i have a 2.1 channel subwoofer music system connected to ma ADTV. so sound is pretty impressive and stereo content can be clearly distinguished.