My MTNL FTTH broadband Review

• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 41,617
I have to say, the setup is indeed impressive 😀

congrats sneaky! enjoy it!I spoke to Mtnl in my area last week - prabhadevi. Now while the area has the capability, unfortunately my building is not wired up yet. And they said they needed 15 customers to show interest to wire up the building. Im planning to put up a flyer of the rates on our society board, and hopefully that should yield some interest.

dam seriously wish we could have around 300GB or more plans for 1k PM now with super high speeds 😀

Revised and new plans from MTNL for FTTH. Looks promising 🙂

Link : MTNL Fibre to the Home Broadband Service

Best thing about these plans is the upload speed that is 5 mbps or 10 mbps depending on plans.

Compare this with piss-poor upload speed of 1 mbps for all FTTH plans of Airtel. Time for Airtel to respond.

Waiting for MTNL's pricing to change in Delhi also.

For Rs 2590 plan, pricing is around Rs 19.4 per GB for download quota before FUP on 20/10 mbps connection even after adding up the service tax. This is not a bad pricing at all for most small offices or even for people working from home.

Has anyone from Andheri (E)/Chandivali (Mumbai) tried getting info? I called them up on 1505 (As given in their website), who apologised that they didn't have any info on FTTH as they are flooded with calls and quite busy. She re-directed me to DGM Chandivali exchange (022 28579696) who then redirected me to a Yadav (9868435075) whose phone is switched off. This has been my experience so far, will try again later.Meanwhile, if anyone in Mumbai has managed to get information on how to locate the coverage, please share, thanks.

Has anyone in Worli area got FTTH? What are the speeds like? Would be great if someone could post fresh reviews, as the last one on this thread is from May 2009 (> 3 years old).

Has anyone in Worli area got FTTH? What are the speeds like? Would be great if someone could post fresh reviews, as the last one on this thread is from May 2009 (> 3 years old).

FYI, FTTH started in Mumbai 3 days ago and in Delhi 20 days ago.

I am from Mumbai, i am now desperately trying to get FTTH. Calling 1505 is of no help, they say they don't have any info and I need to call my MTNL Exchange and ask for availability at my location.
Today or tomorrow am going to the exchange and getting FTTH if possible/available.

@OP
Great review. Thanks for the review.
I wanted to ask a thing, ( anyone could answer )
- Is it still a dynamic connection? ( IP changes everytime you restart router ? )
- MTNL reconnects every 6hrs to refresh/change IP. Does that happen? You could only know this if you have kept it ON for more than 6hrs at a time.

Thank you.

You are absolutely right and I must be absolutely drunk. Thanks for pointing out, yes I was looking at the joining date and thinking that's the date of the thread being posted!!