My LCO is telling me his depressing stories. What to do?

• Thread starter Thread starter itachi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,905

itachi

I got banned!
ISP
BSNL
VI
JIO
He is telling me that he took a great risk in giving me bsnl connection and no else than me have the connection here.

What should i tell him?

I am already nearly guilt tripped into sticking with bsnl for 50 years lol

How expensive is it for the LCO to lay fiber cables? For example : For 100 meters?

Thank you.

What great risk did he take? BSNL LCO model is so hands off that LCO totally become too powerful controlling everything. All crap talk. Airtel is giving 100 m fiber for free.

There are some issues, I don't remember the specifics.There was someone on bsnl telegram group who was also sharing similar stories.. The biggest issue appears to be delayed payments from BSNL.

My LCO asks for cash from me and then pays my bill through their account to get the ~2% referral money. :/

Just to be clear,
I have heard similar stories from multiple places so I won't say that he is lying about his situation.

With that said, There is not a lot you can do. Maybe ask few more people to take the connection? Or ask him to give up BSNL and become LCO of some other ISP?
Other than this, I can't think of more options. :/

regarding the stories by the LCO:
1. LCO gets 50% commission from BSNL if the connection exceeds 100.. before that 45%..
2. 4Core - 1KM cable costs Rs.8500 for high quality.. others low quality are around 6.5 - 7.5 rupees per metre.
3. modem costs 2K max, sometimes up to 2.5K in lockdown..
4. labor costs per installation will be around Rs.300-500.. not more than that..
5. consumables are around Rs.300 (pig tail / fiber enclosure box / splitter / fiber splicing).

so there is no loss for him. if the cable required is long and the area is not that much developing area, there will be increase in cost of installation.. but after some time definitely some other person will get a connection in that area.. so he anyways gonna get the amount invested in.

Issues Facing:
1. Payments of customer paid through online now reflecting in wallet immediately..
2. Payments of customer done through offline - BSNL is providing bills to us regarding it where we need to provide bills to them for claiming those.. here there is delay as LCO told.. but that's okay.. BSNL is reviving now will definitely makes bills clear faster nowadays - from years to months .... definitely if the LCO collects payment directly from customer and pays through his wallet.. he will get the commission immediately.

so don't take LCO stories seriously.

Do you guys have bandiwdth to provide 300mbps connection to each and every customer in a colony/building. Assuming there are 50 connections.

right now we are providing 300mbps to 10 customers.. and right now we have 150 customers.. with 200mbps and 100mbps mostly.. speed is not going to be an issue in fiber.. its not like broadband.. where 10mbps can be used only by 10 customers with 1mbps each.. here its different.

@eeepurushoth but if all of them are at their peak speed usage, what will happen to the 151th customer or othe customers? Will they get less speed?

@nishantt6969 The port speed is capped at 2.5Gbps for GPON and 1.25Gbps for EPON. So to answer your question, it's simple math really, it doesn't matter if it's optical fiber or copper ethernet, except maybe the distances possible without attenuation, it's all about port speeds.

1.25G EPON port can support upto 64 customers. But if an nperf test is being done from independent servers on the internet by all these customers simultaneously, each will get around 15.625Mbps. Note 1.25G is the gross bit rate. Not the data rate. Data rate will be gross bit rate - (frame overhead x frames/unit time).

It's all about SLAs (service level agreements) and the issue is for consumer level residential connections, there are no SLAs. So any LCO can for that matter theoretically splice a port to 64 customers (128 in case of GPON) and give them all internet. That's called overselling and doing it to such an extreme will ensure the LCO is bombarded with calls about sub-plan speeds, except maybe at off peak hours. So LCOs will play a gamble and learn their individual port's golden splice ratio, which is to balance it so that "most" customers are happy with their speeds even during peak hours, as per the plans they chose.

Last edited:
1. LCO gets 50% commission from BSNL if the connection exceeds 100.. before that 45%..
2. 4Core - 1KM cable costs Rs.8500 for high quality.. others low quality are around 6.5 - 7.5 rupees per metre.
4. labor costs per installation will be around Rs.300-500.. not more than that..
5. consumables are around Rs.300 (pig tail / fiber enclosure box / splitter / fiber splicing).

so there is no loss for him. if the cable required is long and the area is not that much developing area, there will be increase in cost of installation.. but after some time definitely some other person will get a connection in that area.. so he anyways gonna get the amount invested in.

Issues Facing:
1. Payments of customer paid through online now reflecting in wallet immediately..
2. Payments of customer done through offline - BSNL is providing bills to us regarding it where we need to provide bills to them for claiming those.. here there is delay as LCO told.. but that's okay.. BSNL is reviving now will definitely makes bills clear faster nowadays - from years to months .... definitely if the LCO collects payment directly from customer and pays through his wallet.. he will get the commission immediately.

bro the commission bsnl is giving is useless.. once you have to run so much time for it once in 6/12mnths thats too not in bank account bt in bsnl mobile which u can use nly for recharge its dummy money.. but in agreement they made clear 50% commsion in bank account but nly 2% amount lcos get in bank account all in wallet which is waste .. if customer recharges itself then that money is dummy.. no use.. bsnl is pathetic.. lco had too much of hassle.. once of bsnl lco here shifted lefting 2lac commsion amount of 5mnths n now he is lco of my isp.. even airtel are holding money after 3-4mnths with baseless issue .. this lco model is waste as alwasy prefet direct like jiofiber or if airtel is doing itself.. ..

Issues Facing:

no in bsnl lco scene loc is correct.. bsnl has most of the issues.. like from speed to ping all issue are of bsnl end.. even bsnl jto nib guys dont listen to lcos.. they are busy in babugiri.. main issue is in bsnl they are giving ftth,copper,ill n air fiber all from one dslam not other.. even out of 100 nib incharge in bsnl only 1% know to test full bandwidth allocated to per lco.. otherwise they provide total bandiwth at bsnl bng.media for ftth..

Issues Facing:

My LCO telling me that if I pay via online directly to Bsnl they will get the commission late but I told them that every month it will not be possible for me to pay them because they only take cash and I have to visit physically to pay them. In reply he told me if I pay Bsnl directly he will not give local service. How can they force me to do that I will pay as per my convenience, I have adsl connection the Bsnl account has been linked to my Amazon pe and I pay directly whenever bill generates.
I really hate this lco model because of them jio fibre is still not available in my city.