• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 7,007

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
Now that my dream of owning a good broadband connection had been shattered by all service providers and 4G will take another 6-9 months. So my only hope which remain now is Hathway Cable Broadband.

So, Yesterday I booked Hathway Connection .

Plan Opted: Zip 5 Max i.e 5 mbps speed & FUP @ 256 Kbps after 20 GB.
Rental: Rs 1199
Activation Charge: Rs 500

Installation is supposed to happen tomorrow. The person who came for booking and documentation told me that there will be speed loss but I would be getting speed not less than 4.8 mbps. Fingers Crossed !!

Hey man why dont you take YOU Broadband its pretty decent u know ..

IndianMascot didnt you suppose to get Hayai? last time i read the thread you were front runner. I thought you must be one the users till now.

Hey man why dont you take YOU Broadband its pretty decent u know ..

Nt feasible in my area.

IndianMascot didnt you suppose to get Hayai? last time i read the thread you were front runner. I thought you must be one the users till now.

Yes, if it would had been launched 😛

and BANG! here comes the Ban for justatrol..any guesses Mascot Bhau? ! 🤔

Ignore. I started this thread to discuss and share about Hathway Broadband experience. So talking about others will be treated as OFFTOPIC . 😕

hmm..in my city only BSNL is KAANA-MAMA...so no more comments here..

Ignore. I started this thread to discuss and share about Hathway Broadband experience. So talking about others will be treated as OFFTOPIC . 😕

dont you have mtnl in your area bro ?? mtnl from what i heard is also not that bad .. where u stay in bombay if u dont mind me asking ??

dont you have mtnl in your area bro ?? mtnl from what i heard is also not that bad .. where u stay in bombay if u dont mind me asking ??

MTNL is there but I don't own my flat . I live as rented and AFAIK MTNL don't give connections to rented peoples.

I wish I could have gt MTNL triband. All my friends who are using it find it best option. Area is Vile Parle. Although Airtel, Tata and Reliance Broadband is available in VP but not in nearb to our Society.

You Broadband too denied as they don't have feasibility in VP. Tikona too was not able to install its wireless devices in nearby area. Presently using MTNL 3G, Reliance Broadband+ and Tata Photon+. But due to frequent disconnection, I was urgently requiring a stable connection.

Lets see if Hathway could make it or not .

----------

hmm..in my city only BSNL is KAANA-MAMA...so no more comments here..

You can bro , but discussion should be healthy and positive and most importantly it should be directional 🙂

MTNL is there but I don't own my flat . I live as rented and AFAIK MTNL don't give connections to rented peoples.
I wish I could have gt MTNL triband.

That's not true. MTNL does give broadband connection on rented premises.

I think you will have 7 star in that area , my bro - in - law is using 7 star in Juhu and is quite happy with it .. also u may have tata indicomm but its quite expensive.. i mean these ISPs are better that hathway who allows just 20 gb download with 5 mbps and after FUP 256 kbps is utter crap man ..

That's not true. MTNL does give broadband connection on rented premises.

I had once inquired MTNL and promised to provide all relevant docs of rented address, still they denied. But then its an year back story. May be they would have changed their policy.

----------

I think you will have 7 star in that area , my bro - in - law is using 7 star in Juhu and is quite happy with it .. also u may have tata indicomm but its quite expensive.. i mean these ISPs are better that hathway who allows just 20 gb download with 5 mbps and after FUP 256 kbps is utter crap man ..

I don't mind for Tata Indicom but i doubt their presence too. Another option can be to convince my landlor to take a MTNL connection on his name.

20GB FUP is actually sick 🙁

yea dude convince your landlord to take mtnl connection in his name .. atleast u will get a good isp rather than hathway offering 20 gb fup utter crap.. also i dont think we have hathway in suburbs dude its for south mumbai i may be wrong ...

I had once inquired MTNL and promised to provide all relevant docs of rented address, still they denied. But then its an year back story. May be they would have changed their policy.

Either you did not do your homework well or might have come across a useless MTNL sarkari babu. In the first place, there is no such policy in MTNL not to give connection on rented premises. What do you think? How many people in a city of Crore plus are living in their own homes? How many offices are owned? There are lacs of MTNL connections on rented premises.

You just needed to be more persistent and demanded it through the right medium. That you can do now also and get MTNL. Go and meet some Senior Officer in the exchange where you will be submitting the connection application.