My Jio SIM died after trying to activate eSIM

ISP
Radio Freq Leased + Dataone Home1000
I followed the entire process as mentioned in this website: Jio, Vi, and Airtel eSIM: What Is It, How to Activate eSIM
According to the site, this is the process
  1. Make sure you are on iOS version 12.1 or higher
  2. Tap on Settings and then About phone for EID and IMEI numbers
  3. Send SMS GETESIM <32 Digit EID> <15 Digit IMEI> to 199 from the iPhone model you have an active Jio SIM in
  4. You will receive a 19 digit eSIM number and eSIM profile configuration details
  5. SMS SIMCHG <19 digits eSIM number> to 199
  6. You will get an update on eSIM processing after two hours
  7. Once you get the message, confirm by sending to ‘1' to 183
  8. You will then get an automated call on your Jio number requesting you to share the 19 digit eSIM number
  9. A confirmation of activation of your new eSIM will be shared through SMS
  10. Now, eSIM profile needs to be configured on your iPhone so head to Mobile Data in Settings
  11. Tap on Add Data plan and then Enter details manually on the bottom
  12. In the SM-DP+address column, enter smdprd.jio.com
  13. In the Activation code section, enter the activation code you received in Step 4 (eSIM profile configuration details)
  14. After entering activation code, tap on Next on the top right
  15. Tap on Add Data plan
  16. Choose the Data Plan Labels as per your choice and select Continue
  17. Your Jio eSIM is now successfully activated and configured.
My problem starts at step 4 and step 9
In step 4, i do get 19 digit eSIM number but i didn't receive the eSIM profile configuration details in the sms
In step 8, i got the automated call, and i gave the 19 digit eSIM number.
As soon as i did that my SIM CARD died. No signal, nothing
What do i do now?

did you check your email? i've not tried this new SMS process, but when i requested for e-SIM from their store(long before), the activation code was sent to my email id.

I received SMS and Email with 19 digit esim number and Activation code.
My eSim was activated successfuly on Samsung Galaxy S20+.
Is iPhone blocking SMS coming from Jio?

Automated Call which I received was blocked by Truecaller. I unblocked number and again sent 1 to 183. I received call again, and that was successful.

I am not getting the automated call for esim number. Its been 48 hours and I can receive calls from unknown numbers.

Something similar happened with me, I received the automated call, then my sim died, I haven’t received the activation code.

I followed the steps and was able to successfully install an e-SIM in my iPhone. There are some teething problems because the system doesn't give sufficient time for keying in the 19 digit e-SIM number. If that happens repeat step 7 and key in the numbers ASAP

You don't really need that activation code.
Connect your device to the internet, plan profile is automatically fetched from Apple servers (assuming Jio pushed that info to Apple). Same thing with (some) Google phones.

Also follow the guide from the carrier (they explicitly mention when your physical SIM will stop working and what you should make sure before moving past that) and not some random website.

Did it work, My jio physical sim is dead and when I added mobile data plan(from the notification which I received earlier), it says unable to activate esim