My internet services stopped without any notification

• Thread starter Thread starter Sunny Kasera
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 12,181
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good idea. Getting the SIM would take some effort. Any routers that comes with internal support for SIMs? 😀

There are many. I think this is what you're looking for.

TP-LinkTL-MR3220 3G/4G Wireless N Router (White/Grey) - Buy TP-LinkTL-MR3220 3G/4G Wireless N Router (White/Grey) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Also you can try to take cheap prepaid 3G plan at first to check the 3G speed you're getting. If satisfied you can go for 1650 Unlimited plan. Here are the plans. Also 1650 is plan inclusive of tax. Hence no additional service tax on it.

3G Datacard Tariff

Edit - Sorry, this is standalone 3G Router. You will need a Dongle with it.

wow. that looks like an interesting device. the speed limitation is annoying for a long term investment. but looks like a solid deal if you do not want to deal with dongles! thanks.

Yup device seems interesting though HSPA+ support would have been great since pings are lower on HSPA+ network and download speed higher.

Still i feel the wifi enabled dongles are of better use since most of us already have repeaters in home. Plus since they work from any wall charger or even a power bank it gives you the flexibility to place it anywhere where you want in house and also one can use 3G on the go with dongle powered by car charger or power bank and carry in a pocket.

Also these dongles are plug and play means no dial up or any software needed, just insert the sim and ready to go.

I once got around 6mbps on speedtest with this device on reliance 3g while upload mostly around 1-2mbps. Even my 21mbps mobile gives avg 2-4mbps dl so speed range is much better avg speed we receive on indian(delhi) 3g network.
Other feature i like is band selection, you can select between 900 and 2100 3g band. Also use the phone jack to connect ur cordless/landline.
I use it with mtnl sim connected to my old cordless, 1p/sec call without any stv. Avg 2mbps easily on just one bar of mtnl wcdma 2100 network.
Is backup when hathway is down.
Can connect upto 20wifi device by default, you can add more in dhcp.
Wifi 150mbps bgn range is better than my old asusrt13u router.
Option to select external n internal antenna.

Still i feel the wifi enabled dongles are of better use since most of us already have repeaters in home.
Would they survive if I keep them on connected to a power plug 24x7 for a month?

Mine is this one - Huawei E8231/E8231s-1 Data Card - Huawei : Flipkart.com

And yes this is plugged into a power plug only 24x7 for 5+ months on 1st floor at my home and rarely ever gets switched off since one or the other device is at home at any particular time. This has been working perfectly so far even with approx 180 GB downloads every month @ 8 mbps speed and even lots of lan data transfers among phones & laptops. Mind you that 10-12 hours of this is in inverter power since mine is a rural area & power supply situation must be known to you in haryana.

Last edited by a moderator:
i get a support call after 3-4 days of complaining. by that time, the problem is usually resolved. funny enough a new problem appears 2 hours after their call which means i have to complain again and then wait for the problem to fix in a day or two and then deal with the calls on the 3rd day. :\

right now reliance is down. probably would remain down during the night. might get lucky and it could be back by morning. otherwise it's a mess till monday morning.

Well,

Same word by word is my complaint too for Reliance Broadband. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.