My Internet keeps disconnect/connecting every 5 minutes

• Thread starter Thread starter harshadb5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 22,687
how do i find out which connection i belong to? Alcatel or Ericsson ?

Here in Dadar, if your no. belongs to 2430XXXX series, you will not have disconnection problems. But if it belongs to 2432XXXX series, then god help you.My home is on 2430 series and at office is 2432It might even be a configuration fault at different exchanges.

Well even I'm facing the same problem of constant disconnection. I'm from Vashi Navi mumbai exchange. I have a D-Link DSL 502T router and following are the readings of the same.
SNR margin 11(downstream) 10(upstream)
Line Attenuation 30(downstream) 17(upstream)
Data rate 2048(downstream) 1024(upstream)
I'm on 999 UL plan. Since mtnl bought this mtnl funday and increased the upload rate from 256 to 512 it's been a hell of a ride in this month. I'm thinking of asking MTNL to change the router, mine 502T is about 6 yrs old.
It seems MTNL's dreaded April problem has returned to haunt us again. During the period of April's dreaded problem in 2010, in June 2010 MTNL had asked all the MTNL users who all were having D-Link 502T router to be replaced but I didn't do so; so I'm now contemplating on having it replaced what do you all suggest???

Some jokers in MTNL had spread the cannard that the 'April Problems' were due to the D-Link 502T modem & I had proved it to them (guys at Prabhadevi) that its not true. There was a FU at the server side which they fixed in july of that year (I think its was 2009)

Here in Dadar, if your no. belongs to 2430XXXX series, you will not have disconnection problems. But if it belongs to 2432XXXX series, then god help you.

My home is on 2430 series and at office is 2432
It might even be a configuration fault at different exchanges.

lol I am on 2432 🙁

how do i find out which connection i belong to? Alcatel or Ericsson ?

If your username (tel No.) is ending with a @ its Alcatel if not your are on Ericsson.

Luckily, I also have 2430XXXX series no. at my office. So I am going to migrate my broadband to that number. This trick worked at my friend's place. He was on 2432 series and shifted broadband on 2430 series and boom!! it worked. Connection was stable again. 🙂

Well I'm dont have @ after my username so it means I'm on the erricson server of vashi, Navi Mumbai. Well its really bad MTNL keeps on adding new users every day and their servers cant handle it and so other customers have to suffer because of poor planning on the part of MTNL. With Govt(read MTNL) I dont care attitude to whomsoever who will help us.Socrates as u say that the 502T doesn't have any problem. I have one problem with it many a times the router resets or say looses its settings and changes from PPPoe to bridge mode. So because of it I have to again set it up and many a times it refuses to accept the settings and remains with bridge mode which is very frustrating. What do u suggest Socrates.

your username and @ suffix has no relation with being on Alcatel or Ericsson system. It is related to exchange you are on.

Well I'm dont have @ after my username so it means I'm on the erricson server of vashi, Navi Mumbai. Well its really bad MTNL keeps on adding new users every day and their servers cant handle it and so other customers have to suffer because of poor planning on the part of MTNL. With Govt(read MTNL) I dont care attitude to whomsoever who will help us.
Socrates as u say that the 502T doesn't have any problem. I have one problem with it many a times the router resets or say looses its settings and changes from PPPoe to bridge mode. So because of it I have to again set it up and many a times it refuses to accept the settings and remains with bridge mode which is very frustrating. What do u suggest Socrates.

There have been many occasions in the past when my modem goes from PPPoE to Bridge AND there is no connection, for me the solution was to switch off & restart (I bet you have tried that already) 🙂 on some occasions even that did not help so I had to just switch off & try some time later & that worked this I found was a problem at the MTNL end not my side.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

If your username (tel No.) is ending with a @ its Alcatel if not your are on Ericsson.

Is it? Maybe so. This was given to me by a v senior chap at Prabhadevi 🙂

mtnl is not serious about his costumer. whole month Internet is unstable :angry:complaint log to 198 deleted automatically without any confirmation :Boy Phone:they know issue but taking lot's of time to solve it 😛issed-off:

There have been many occasions in the past when my modem goes from PPPoE to Bridge AND there is no connection, for me the solution was to switch off & restart (I bet you have tried that already) 🙂 on some occasions even that did not help so I had to just switch off & try some time later & that worked this I found was a problem at the MTNL end not my side.
why don't u get ur modem changed socrates? just tell em ur modem loses it settings every now n then. if they dun listen just insert a small wire thru the holes(assuming its D-Link ) & short one of the capacitors. u shud get a free replacement 😉

Finally, got an answer from MTNL regarding this issue. Today morning, got a call from the babus, they said , "Server mein problem chal raha hai, isliye slow hota hai aur kabhi bandh ho jaata hai", Server change kiya jaa raha hai Prabhadevi mein, Kaam chaalu hai, 1 hafte tak aisa hi rahega"

Server change gaye 2 saal se kiya jaa raha hai. Finally gonna put forth transfer of connection from 2432 to 2430 number.

Server change gaye 2 saal se kiya jaa raha hai. Finally gonna put forth transfer of connection from 2432 to 2430 number.

Babus would have screwed and messed up the complete settings, When nothing's going their way, Server change kiya jaa raha hai uska reason lol.

My office line was dead as MTNL guy from server room claimed to be working on the disconnect issue. Then I got a call saying that everything is fixed now. Just switched on internet and boom, disconnection in 2 min. yay 🙂