My friends are getting 256kbps speeds on 128kbps connection

• Thread starter Thread starter brickhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 10,009
B

brickhouse

Three of my friends who are using hathway's 128kbps unlimited plans are getting speeds of 25-30kb/s and they are constant.If one was getting something like this then it was fine,but three of my friends are getting speeds like this.Does anybody have hathway 128kbps unlimited plans,just wanted to check?Also does all hathway connections give higher speeds than the speeds of their respectable connections?Like for example a 512kbps connection should get 64kb/s download speeds,does hathway give speeds more than that like 128kb/s on 512kbps connection.

i too have a 128K connection and came here to enquire about this and i am surprised to see you asking the same question...since the past one month i am getting speeds of 256K on 128K...seems hathway has silently upgraded its 128K users to 256K...it cannot be a mistake....download speed tests online show me constant 230-240K and i am downloading at constant 26-28K😛

no they converted their connections form 1:8 to 1:4Now their 1Mbps connection allows 2mbps speeds

i am sorry i didnt get u on that? i always had a 128 1:1 connection so where is the question of 1:8 or 1:4 here?

sorry i was wrong abt that,i spoke to the customer service but they are a bunch of fools.The guy didn't know anything and told me that you get 256KBps in 1mbps connection.Their engineer said the same thing.Then I spoke to their engineer and got to know it was wrong.Anyways hoe the hell are you getting 1:1 contention ratio,hathway never provides that.

hathway provide speed in kbpsi guess maybe tata & bsnl provide speeds in ratio 1:1maybe because there connection is adsl or pppoe---------solid_snake4rdcan you tell in detail about ratio 1:2256 kbps = what ratio ? what speed in kb/s

@hathwayI was talking abt the upload and download ratio.256kbps will give you 32KBps normally but only near 25KBps on hathway connection

i get perfect speed on my 256 kbps unlimited (with download accelerator)
all you need is better upstream downstream SNR
more than 32db
if you guys are getting 25 kb download speed & browsing is slow or requires to refresh
web-page often. its upstream signal low problem, if downstream SNR (S/N) is normal
download program here https://broadband.forum/hathway-broadband/53609-hathway-cable-modem-quality-signal-levels/ helped me a lot
pinging websites wont give you any results
ping your gateway & dns ip to check timeouts & ms (lower ms the better)
mouse right-click on monitor icon in tray click status

hi guys... sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it is my 1st post after all :redface:i've been a hathway customer for almost 2 years now, and i must say their service is absolutely terrible. they keep having signal fluctuation problems at least 2-3 times a month, which is terribly inconvenient given i do a lot of freelancing at home.absolutely pathetic.... they are very lax when it comes to rectifying these signal issues, and their engineers never come home on time, so for instance if one was supposed to drop by at noon, no one will bother till you keep calling the tech people and FINALLY have someone get there by 6-7 pm after losing your patience.i'm a heavy net user, and i'm looking to change my ISP while retaining my unlimited plan (either 256 or 512 kbps). any advice would be appreciated... till then i'll just browse here 🙂

if your work relies on your internet connectivity, get airtel or mtnl.

hey thanks for the quick reply 😀

i've called airtel many times but there's no feasibility in my area! damn!

i'm in malad east and there aren't many options as far as i can tell. i will consider mtnl, but aren't their plans a little expensive compared to 5net and tikona?

i'm not very well versed with the best ISPs in bombay so i hope someone can help. thank you.

as i said. if your 'work' depend upon the reliability of your internet connection...i dont think a couple of hundred bucks are going to be a problem if you make money from your internet connection. and i do not think MTNL plans are all that expensive.

hi guys... sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it is my 1st post after all :redface:

i've been a hathway customer for almost 2 years now, and i must say their service is absolutely terrible. they keep having signal fluctuation problems at least 2-3 times a month, which is terribly inconvenient given i do a lot of freelancing at home.

absolutely pathetic.... they are very lax when it comes to rectifying these signal issues, and their engineers never come home on time, so for instance if one was supposed to drop by at noon, no one will bother till you keep calling the tech people and FINALLY have someone get there by 6-7 pm after losing your patience.

i'm a heavy net user, and i'm looking to change my ISP while retaining my unlimited plan (either 256 or 512 kbps). any advice would be appreciated... till then i'll just browse here 🙂

ic an help you but first tell us what are your requirements like download speeds,upload speeds,budget,contention ratio,monthly usage in unlimited plans cause some ISP's have fair usage plans.

hi guys... sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it is my 1st post after all :redface:

i've been a hathway customer for almost 2 years now, and i must say their service is absolutely terrible. they keep having signal fluctuation problems at least 2-3 times a month, which is terribly inconvenient given i do a lot of freelancing at home.

absolutely pathetic.... they are very lax when it comes to rectifying these signal issues, and their engineers never come home on time, so for instance if one was supposed to drop by at noon, no one will bother till you keep calling the tech people and FINALLY have someone get there by 6-7 pm after losing your patience.

i'm a heavy net user, and i'm looking to change my ISP while retaining my unlimited plan (either 256 or 512 kbps). any advice would be appreciated... till then i'll just browse here 🙂

signal fluctuation problem
you can do yourself a bit about splitters
follow your cable wire till you find which splitter your cable connect
swap your cable to splitter [out]
reach nearby amplifier following your cable wire
again set main cable that goes to your house set it to
first splitter [out]
if you still get problem after this
complaint your technician to check reverse signal strength
forward signal is used for television reverse signal is for internet
reverse signal strength must be double than forward signal
---
by the way what receive & transmit power level you are getting currently ?
enter 192.168.100.1 on your browser to see