• Views Views 3,145

pothi

@127.0.0.1
ISP
BSNL - 3G
VI - LTE
Airtel - LTE/5G
Jio - 5G
I wanted to buy MikroTik hap ac2 . Since, multilinkonline is one of the official suppliers / distributors of this product (in India), and since it offered the lowest price, I decided to buy from their online store?!

They use 3dcard for the storefront and payumoney as the payment gateway. The payment went through from my end during the checkout / payment processing, but in the end, all I got was an error (saying payment didn't complete, so I wouldn't be charged). But, my credit card was indeed charged and I could see the payment settled to multilinkonline through Payumoney. Payumoney has the option to see the status of the payment.

Tried contacting multilink via email. No response. Filled a dispute in Payumoney. No response from their end too. But, usually, their standard response is to ask the seller to refund the money so that they can refund it to my credit card. I haven't seen anyone successfully filed a dispute in Payumoney and got the money back. Probably, I haven't searched enough.

I will update here if I get any positive response from multilink or payumoney.

Planning to file a chargeback from the credit card issuing bank (Axis bank). Has anyone successfully filed a chargeback and got the money back?

Last edited:
Its easy. You can raise a dispute from your Credit Card Company/Bank. Things gets sorted easily, even though the procedure takes time.

did multilink replied to your queries before your payment failed ? usually Indian business don't bother replying to emails specially on weekends.

Thanks @sachinbr. I wouldn't mind waiting. The hassle of going through all these, for weeks, would be frustrating indeed.

@Smh... I ordered on last Thursday (around 8 in the morning). No, I didn't email them before. Because, I don't usually contact before ordering. But, it seems to be a good practice to contact any new online store before ordering. It was my mistake.

Just after the payment failure, I did contact them through multiple means after each passing day.

you should not have bought it from their website 😱 who knows if they are even monitoring sales on their website. It doesn't look like an active store how you could trust it.

Best option would be to contact your credit card company immediately and raise a dispute.

Axis bank credit cards have a dispute time limit of 26 days. So, I am going to wait for a week to give the benefit of doubt to both multilink and payumoney.

I used payumoney earlier (a couple of years ago, I think). That time, I had to manually release the money. At that time, the seller contacted me via email and asked me to release the funds. In that case, it was all smooth, as we had emails throughout the communications. So, I can file a dispute if seller wasn't genuine.

I haven't called them, until now. But, planning to call them starting tomorrow. The only problem with calling is that they can drag the issue forever. By that time, the credit card company's dispute time limit may have gone through. 🙁

Last edited:
Not sure of their online site, but I have ordered over email ie I contacted them over email, got the quote, transferred the amount by NEFT. The product was dispatched shortly, no issues at all.

Give them a call, perhaps the order/amount is just stuck in a limbo state.

That's great to know.

I have emailed them as well (3 days ago and then 2 days ago). No reply from them. Assuming it is a public email address, can you please share their email?

I really want to purchase the product (and more products from them, since their prices are traditionally lower than any other dealer for Mikrotik in India).

PayUMoney has some details on how the payment works and where the money is. Currently, as per payumoney, the money is released to Multilink's Payumoney account. I can't have any further details as it'd be a violation of privacy from their part. But, I've filed a dispute with them too. I don't think they'd do anything in it. Because, another buyer who had a similar case as mine, has got only a standard (useless) reply as can be seen at [Resolved] Payumoney — goods not received.. seller did not refund amount paid (this is probably an old thread, as it happened on April 2018). Payumoney may have improved by now.

@pothi Try these, these are the email addresses from which I have got responses from them.

blr.multilinkindia@gmail.com
raj@multilinkonline.com
sales.multilinkindia@gmail.com

Yeah their prices are great. When I last checked, the hap ac2 wasn't available from them and I got it at a higher price of around 6.2k from another provider, nice to see that its available with Multilink for 5.2k or so including shipping.

From the look of it I don't think they are trying to scam you, its probably just stuck somewhere in the chain

Also, here is the contact info of the person who responded to my enquiry regarding the hap ac2 in July, I think he might be responsible for the online orders as well.

Shabnam Khan

HP: +91 8826893854

LL: 011-41617562/7992 VOIP 1404

Thank you, @varkey . I will contact them via email and / or phone tomorrow. Already drafted the email. Will update here on how it goes through.

Here's the reply from PayUMoney...

Hi Pothi,

Greetings from PayUmoney!!

We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please be informed that PayUmoney is a payment aggregator who helps merchants and customers to do online transactions.

We settle the amount to the merchant after every successful transaction. Only merchant is responsible for delivery of product & services and provides refund/replacement.

Further, the said payment ID ### is successful. We request you to contact the merchant (Multilink Computers Pvt Ltd) regarding the transaction at the below contact details:

Merchant support email - multilinkindia@gmail.com

Feel free to get back to us for any other clarification.

Regards,
###
PayUmoney Team