My Experiences with Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter nareshtrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 7,640

nareshtrao

ISP
BSNL
My experiences with Tata Sky are completely different. I read in one publication about Mr. Vikram Kaushik talking about setting a Gold Standard of customer experience. I am describing my experience here. Do please give a thought if this is worthy of being called Gold Standard.

I got Tata Sky installed last month. The strength of signal and quality of signal leaves a lot to be desired. The in-built system test shows signal strength around 60% and Signal Quality around 50%.

Within a few days, the signal failed on one of the out puts (The Set Top box has 2 outputs - RF and RCA).

My repeated efforts to call Tata Sky Help Desk have resulted in naught. The Toll free number advertised on the Manual and Web Pages never get through. I took the chance of calling the Hyderabad No. on STD and each time was put on hold for over 30 to 40 minutes. The help-desk refused to take a customer complaint and insisted that they will pass the call to technical team. However in the same breath they said each time that the lines are busy and I got to wait. The wait each time was so long that I had no option but disconnect.

The web-site is completely un-stable and crashes each time I want to register a complaint irrespective of the type of connection I am using. Perhaps it is by design.

I called the dealer who sold me the connection and he mentioned that he faces similar issues while trying to reach Tata Sky. The dealer mentioned that they do not know any one in Tata Sky and deal only with the distributor.

Finally one of the franchisees/dealers’ technicians visited my house yesterday and brought a box as replacement. The box they brought was not functional too and they called their office only to figure out that they may not have replacement boxes till this weekend. I have to wait some more time……

I kept visiting all Tata Group sites and to my dismay could not find any mail ID which reaches a person of authority in Tata Sky. Actually Tata Sky is not listed under the “contacts” section of the page. Even the mail ID "webmaster@tata.com" listed as the Tata Sons contact bounced back as non-existent ID.

I am sure this is not in line with the culture of Tata Group. However, being completely in-accessible to customers is even worse for an organization.

same case with reliance. i thought about sending some mails to reliance retail top brass. nothing was found on their website.

After long research in blogs and forum I opted for Tata Sky. And I am very happy. I ordered it on their helpline number and paid via credit card. Next day I got the Set top box delivered to be via courier. It was less than 24 hours of payment. So as soon as I got the parcel, I called help line to schedule the installation and gave a friends coupon to get myself discount of 2 months free viewing. The installation request was taken and withing 5 minutes I got sms regarding the work order for scheduling installation. In next 5 minutes I got a call from their office that person will come sharp at 11 am to install the Tata Sky. Sharp at 11 am the person arrived with dish and wires. The installation process lasted for 2 hours. Neat work done. No hanging wires. They also told that existing wires are not used because they cannot give clearity. They had ennough wires to go installation and activated the Tata Sky. It works perfect in Heavy rains too and superb clearity. I wished I should have bought Tata sky 2 years ago. My existing cable was poor and watching Tata sky is like watching DVD movie. I really liked the way they took up the process. Day 0 I order, Day 1 I get set top box, Day 2 Its all working !! Its tooo good !!! . I have coupons if you guys want to get discount.WB8771D990WB8773C990WB8775B990WB8777A990WB8778E990If you wish to buy Tata sky , use the above coupons when scheduling the installation. Please remind them to use the coupon as they will not entertain once they take request for installation.I think this review is usefull for all viewers. I am from Mumbai

^^^I think you are one of the rarest happy customers of TS..enjoy your viewing..!

I am happy that I was one of the rarest!

The mantra is that every day I used to call the call centre with patience and politely talk to them. I believe that made the difference.

tata(sky rocks.............:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Just recently we have shifted our office to a new location in chennai which is 8 story building and just now i went to the 8 the floor to view sight it was incredible and to my surprise there the next building of ours has a govt quarters what shocked me in that quarters is that i was able to see 32 TS dishes as against 4 dish tv dishes and 1 Sundirect dish.

Just recently we have shifted our office to a new location in chennai which is 8 story building and just now i went to the 8 the floor to view sight it was incredible and to my surprise there the next building of ours has a govt quarters what shocked me in that quarters is that i was able to see 32 TS dishes as against 4 dish tv dishes and 1 Sundirect dish.

i think Tata Sky is now concentrating more in southern states and be a competitor to other dths..they are doing great now. as they have also removed installation charges.. rs.1499/- is all we have to pay now :yahoo: for a customer, initial amount does matter.. in that case TS is cheaper than any other dths 🙂

I still feel that TS and Dish tv do good only in cities of southern states.........where as SD will be doing good in cities and smaller town in southern states.......

I wished I should have bought Tata Sky 2 years ago.

Day 0 I order, Day 1 I get set top box, Day 2 Its all working !! Its tooo good !!! .
I think this review is usefull for all viewers.
I am from Mumbai

I am a customer of TS for close to two years; my experience is slightly better. I ordered on zero day evening at 4 pm, installation planned and executed at 9 am on day 1 and everything working to perfection from 10 am day 1. Not a single failure or loss of tv viewing (except a couple of minutes on due to rain on 2 occassions).

Issues related to channels, bouquets and pricing are all moving targets and will not satisfy everyone. Market dynamics will even out differences in fares offered.

It is worth finding out whether there is a difference in response when purchased direct from TS and through dealers.

Me too Ajuravi. I am living near Kolathur Reterri. I am able to see around 4 Tata Sky disc from my house and also i am able to see around 5 Tata Sky disc in my sister house. My sister house is 1 Km away from my house. Also i am able to see more Tata Sky disc on everywhere than Sun DTH and Dish TV.

I really liked the way they took up the process. Day 0 I order, Day 1 I get set top box, Day 2 Its all working !! Its tooo good !!! .

I am gettin Tata Sky Set Top box at 8:30 PM night at Day 0 and Tata Sky was installed next day 11 PM in my house on Day 1(Total 15 hrs, less than a day).

I am a customer of TS for close to two years; my experience is slightly better. I ordered on zero day evening at 4 pm, installation planned and executed at 9 am on day 1 and everything working to perfection from 10 am day 1. Not a single failure or loss of tv viewing (except a couple of minutes on due to rain on 2 occassions).

Issues related to channels, bouquets and pricing are all moving targets and will not satisfy everyone. Market dynamics will even out differences in fares offered.

It is worth finding out whether there is a difference in response when purchased direct from TS and through dealers.
I totally agree with you:thumbsup: the only problem i faced in TV viewing is that it disturbed me 5 times during the rain in 23 months time of TS viewing and only once due to rain i was not getting signal for 1 hr in 23 months and other 4 times i received the signals between 2 mins to 5 mins:thumbsup:. Till now i am enjoing my TS TV viewing.......

I called the dealer who sold me the connection and he mentioned that he faces similar issues while trying to reach Tata Sky. The dealer mentioned that they do not know any one in Tata Sky and deal only with the distributor.

Finally one of the franchisees/dealers’ technicians visited my house yesterday and brought a box as replacement. The box they brought was not functional too and they called their office only to figure out that they may not have replacement boxes till this weekend. I have to wait some more time……

Seems too many intermediaries to add confusion! It appears the dealer is directly attending and not tatasky.

Perhaps this is the main reason for the delay and inaction.

i m a TS coustumer for almost 2 years now for me it has been a very good experince i bought it from a sub dealer of TS the installation was instant & next day as in case of every one hear i dont have any problems with the channel clearity or the voice output i m just disapointed with the less number of music channels or else im very much a happy TS customer ( every one has some problems with the channel issue as every one wants more )🙂 hope they try to fulfill all the other needs & reduce their rates rest all has been fine with TS :yahoo::yahoo:

Me too Ajuravi. I am living near Kolathur Reterri. I am able to see around 4 Tata Sky disc from my house and also i am able to see around 5 Tata Sky disc in my sister house. My sister house is 1 Km away from my house. Also i am able to see more Tata Sky disc on everywhere than Sun DTH and Dish TV.

I am gettin Tata Sky Set Top box at 8:30 PM night at Day 0 and Tata Sky was installed next day 11 PM in my house on Day 1(Total 15 hrs less than a day).

My office is located in Manapakkam........... and near to my house when i bought TS there were 4 dish tv dishes but now in my street there are 4 TS dishes too along with 2 SD dishes.......but its been long time i have seen new dish tv connection in my street........

I bought my TS STB at 4.30 PM and i got the installation done by next day 5PM............I bought my TS around the 1st week of the launch of TS:thumbsup:

( every one has some problems with the channel issue as every one wants more )🙂

hope they try to fulfill all the other needs & reduce their rates
rest all has been fine with TS :yahoo::yahoo:

The needs will be fulfilled by every DTH service provider to all its customers and i belive it will take atelast 2 years to settle for them and then i hope they pass all the channels available in india and hope they will cut down there cost on channel viewing when they add more channels........:thumbsup: