• Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,795
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Well.. I applied for the connection last Monday. He came in and signed the papers and said he will come the next day. Came in the next day on Thursday and then said one more day after finalising all the details. Came in on Friday and everything was set up. I have yet to see anything bad with the customer care of Tata Broadband. They were quick in setting uo the connection.I applied for the 512 UL Plan and I am in New Delhi.Download speed are awsome. Am getting constant 60-64 kb/s.Only one complain and that is.... that the browsing speed has gone down. Why is that? When I visit a site... it takes slower than it used to on my airtel connection.. Though the download speed is high!!! The browser speed is slow...Why is that?Conclusion: All in all a good connection and good service by Tata. Yet to see anything bad from them. I don't know what all of you people are saying but I had a good experience and am still going well 2 days in!Crazysah

Is it ADSL based connection?

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Mar 31 2007, 09:36 PM) [snapback]85598[/snapback]
Well.. I applied for the connection last Monday. He came in and signed the papers and said he will come the next day. Came in the next day on Thursday and then said one more day after finalising all the details. Came in on Friday and everything was set up.

I have yet to see anything bad with the customer care of Tata Broadband. They were quick in setting uo the connection.

I applied for the 512 UL Plan and I am in New Delhi.

Download speed are awsome. Am getting constant 60-64 kb/s.

Only one complain and that is.... that the browsing speed has gone down. Why is that? When I visit a site... it takes slower than it used to on my airtel connection.. Though the download speed is high!!! The browser speed is slow...

Why is that?

Conclusion: All in all a good connection and good service by Tata. Yet to see anything bad from them. I don't know what all of you people are saying but I had a good experience and am still going well 2 days in!

Crazysah[/b]

Whats the upload speed ??? ...
is the speed Constant or does it varies ???
Are they Providing 1:1 line ????

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Mar 31 2007, 09:36 PM) [snapback]85598[/snapback]
All in all a good connection and good service by Tata. Yet to see anything bad from them. I don't know what all of you people are saying but I had a good experience and am still going well 2 days in![/b]
Maybe cos ppl with more experience than 2 days with Tata know better.

Assuming you download 20GB+/month, i'd love for you to prove it wrong tho, so after a few more months, report back 🙂

Honey-moon period is usually 3 months or if ur with Airtel it just never ends.

if ur with Airtel it just never ends.[/b]

heh. i still find it hard to dump airtel for another opeator coz i have a strong feeling that i would be cursing myself for the decision.

Its not as if you cant come back to Airtel, so why would you be cursing yourself ?

Let see how there open air wiring bear Delhi's monsoon. However i doubt you will be with Tata by then. 😛

Download:Upload is 1:1.Speeds are constant. I think after shifting to OPEN DNS... browsing speeds are much better.My speed went up to 70kb/s the other day. Awsome!I am not sure if it is ADSL connection but I am pretty sure it is.

If it is ADSL then its pretty good. I used it in 2001 - 2003 (it was called Dishnet DSL before TATA acquired it). And it was damn good in terms of speed and uptime. It is ADSL if you did not have to deal with your Cablewalla.

I too used it in a small startup. Before Dishnet we used to pay ~19k per month for a 128kbps lease line from Airtel. 512 kbps line from Dishnet came with 6k per month price (and some download limit that I don't remember) it was like Nirvana for us.

man, there was a time when 64 kbps lease line from VSNL used to cost 8 lacs per annum 😱

there was a time when there was no internet and people used papers and pens. 😱

:lol:didn't mean it in that way...i meant not too long ago...was talking around the year 2000 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.