My experience with ACT BB

• Thread starter Thread starter arunra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 18,424

arunra

ISP
Tikona BB user
Feedback whether positive or negative should be passed to the appropriate person. That's what I believe in.
This is the timeline of how my installation experience has been with ACT BB
11 Nov-2013 - I applied for a new ACT BB connection today in Kundanahalli Gate, Bangalore. I will keep you posted on the developments.
11-Nov-2013 - Cheque payment made to Sales executive, Babu Reddy, details filled on form and submitted to him.
ETA - 3 days for wiring and connection to be activated.
12-Nov-2013 - I got a call from ACT technician today that cabling would be done by end of the day. Got a confirmation call from Customer Care at 1543 hrs, IST today that connection will be activated in 2 days. So far, so good.

12-Nov-2013 - At 1616 hrs, IST I receive a call from Mukund who is the ACT technician saying that the wiring has been completed to my apartment on the third floor and i would be receiving a call today at 1700 hrs, IST for username and password. Mukund confirms that I can use my internet connection from tonight.

I would term this as awesome service from an installation perspective, although I would have to wait and watch how stable the connection is post installation.

12-Nov-2013 - Cabling has been completed and just received the credentials for my broadband account at 2059 hrs, IST through email and the registered mobile number. A confirmation call was made from the customer care before the account got activated.I am still out, so I gotta go and check how the connection is. I will keep you posted.

I have connected the cable from ACT BB to my Netgear WGR614 router.
http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/netgear-wgr614-54-mbps/4505-3319_7-21218238.html
In case, someone wants to have the contact details of the sales person & field engineer of ACT for Kundalahalli area, let me know.
Speed test shows rocking upload and download speeds. I am on Act FORCE plan.

12-Nov-2013 1159, IST - First level checks indicate amazing speeds with YouTube where I can watch videos without buffering in Full HD.
I will keep posting various workloads I consider to be bandwidth intensive and would update this thread.
Any downtime or disconnections will also be reported.

Hello Arun, Thanks for liking ACT Broadband services. We really appreciate it!! 🙂 Warm Regards,ACT Broadband

This is exactly what bothers me. ACT has 40+mbps to indian servers while only ~4 to US!

After 5 days of usage, its good to see that there is no downtime as of now. My downloads have varied from Microsoft VHD evals to viewing YouTube videos on Full HD. I will keep folks updated.

17-Nov-2013 - Been having some DNS issues with ACT BB DNS servers namely, ns1.acttv.in and ns2.acttv.in. The authentication page to login takes a very long time to load. I would appreciate if the ACT BB technical team fix this.

I had my first downtime with ACT BB today.. It started at 2330 hours, IST and its still not working. Left a couple of tweets on ACT BB Twitter feed commenting on the lack of 24 x 7 customer care. I will keep you folks updated. The portal page is accessible using my Tata Photon Plus (good that I thought of backup 🙂 in the first place), although I am unsure if its one of the regular cable cuts which folks have been frequently complaining about on the forum.Update as of 0120 IST - Connection is still down. I believe it will not be up. I will be raising my first complaint today at 0730 hours, IST. I will keep you posted on the status.
Update as of 0333 IST - Connection is still down.Update as of 0427 IST - Connection is still down.Update as of 0604 IST - Connection is still down.Update as of 0803 IST - Complaint has been registered and complaint no is 0001457828. Support executive, Prashanth confirmed that issue would be resolved within 24 business hours. Meanwhile, he requested to test connectivity by directly connecting cable to Laptop rather than WiFi router. Connection started working. I will keep you updated.

arunra said:
I had my first downtime with ACT BB today.. It started at 2330 hours, IST and its still not working. Left a couple of tweets on ACT BB Twitter feed commenting on the lack of 24 x 7 customer care. I will keep you folks updated. The portal page is accessible using my Tata Photon Plus (good that I thought of backup 🙂 in the first place), although I am unsure if its one of the regular cable cuts which folks have been frequently complaining about on the forum.Update as of 0120 IST - Connection is still down. I believe it will not be up. I will be raising my first complaint today at 0730 hours, IST. I will keep you posted on the status.
Update as of 0333 IST - Connection is still down.Update as of 0427 IST - Connection is still down.Update as of 0604 IST - Connection is still down.Update as of 0803 IST - Complaint has been registered and complaint no is 0001457828. Support executive, Prashanth confirmed that issue would be resolved within 24 business hours. Meanwhile, he requested to test connectivity by directly connecting cable to Laptop rather than WiFi router. Connection started working. I will keep you updated.
Hello,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly share your customer ID or contact no. with us so that our team can help you in resolving your issue.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

@broadband.act - Connection is working from 0803 IST today. I will update you in case I face any issues again.

My experience has been HORRIBLE.
I have been using ACT since last 6 months but now when its time to renew the service --- these guys are absolutely unprofessional - to the point where I have started looking for alternatives.
They claim they have given me a free wifi router at the start of my connection, 6 months ago. I do not have an ack of the same on my copy of the receipt. They claim they made the addition later on.. NOW THAT IS RIDICULOUS. Due to this they wont give me a 1 month free (for paying 6 months together ) and are asking me to pay up for the 7th month.
I have been compelled to look for other alternatives. This is braod day light robbery.
Worst thing is --- it is just impossible to get in touch with the managers or some one with authority. The call center folks are nicely shielding their "managers".

Karan Bheda said:
My experience has been HORRIBLE.
I have been using ACT since last 6 months but now when its time to renew the service --- these guys are absolutely unprofessional - to the point where I have started looking for alternatives.
They claim they have given me a free wifi router at the start of my connection, 6 months ago. I do not have an ack of the same on my copy of the receipt. They claim they made the addition later on.. NOW THAT IS RIDICULOUS. Due to this they wont give me a 1 month free (for paying 6 months together ) and are asking me to pay up for the 7th month.
I have been compelled to look for other alternatives. This is braod day light robbery.
Worst thing is --- it is just impossible to get in touch with the managers or some one with authority. The call center folks are nicely shielding their "managers".
Hello Sir,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly share your customer ID or contact no. with us so that our team can help you in resolving your issue.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Hello,
I appreciate your prompt response.
I have sent you a direct message with my details. The subject of the message is "@ your reply on the forum -- bad experience"
Look forward to a speedy resolution.
Regards,
Karan

Karan Bheda said:
Hello,
I appreciate your prompt response.
I have sent you a direct message with my details. The subject of the message is "@ your reply on the forum -- bad experience"
Look forward to a speedy resolution.
Regards,
Karan
@Karan - Please update if your grievance has been addressed promptly as promised. It would be helpful for other folks.