My experience and short review in getting the Tatasky HD installed

• Thread starter Thread starter karthik R
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,220

karthik R

ISP
Broadband
Hi guys im karthik from chennai & This is my 1st Thread & iam a frequent visitor of broadband forum :redface:, This is my experience and short review in getting the Tata Sky HD installed. Actually iam a tatasky subscriber from the year 2007 & i had not faced any inconvenience till date. So, after the HD launch i was very much curious to get the HD service upgraded (as im using (samsung '32 full hd tv). I was waiting for videocon HD service to lauch to see how that was priced, but I was dissapointed by their false commitment and delay :frown:. After reading a lot of reviews,comparison and research I liked the quality of ts decided to go for tata sky HD. So, I called the tatasky helpline saying, i want to upgrade the HD box from my standard box, so i asked them if there is any offer coming for festive season "diwali".. the cc told there is no news on that. And i said the cc like im a existing customer and interested in upgrading the HD service. so i confirmed with cc like if i upgrade to HD will i get the HD pack free ofr 1 year as stated on the website... you know wat i was shocked that cc told there is no such offer for HD service :wall:, and the offer period is over. So cc said if i want to upgrade i have to pay Rs 2599 + Rs 30 for the HD servie (each month). I argued saying then wat is the benefit of being a existing customer :wall:? Apart from that cc told that "there is a huge demand for the TS HD service in mumbai, delhi and iam lucky of being in chennai to get the service installed" and cc said that it will take up to 7 business days to get the HD service to be installed :ishock:. You know, i was not happy with that response, so i said i will think and let you know and hanged my phone :madness:. Near my house there was a dealer who supplies DTH and recharge for all DTH serives, so on saturday i went to his shop and told him like i want to buy a TS HD box, so enquired abt the availability. He said he got the stock, so i also asked him for the HD offer is available or not? you know wht i surprised that he said the offer is still available and even i told him abt wht i experienced on the TS help line. The dealer said he is very much sure told me if i get the Hd box he will get me the 1 yr offer and also get it installed in 10 mins time (also he said that he was previously working for TS and now became a dealer), i was in dilemma of should i go for it or not. so i said him that im going out now and will be back by 8 Pm, so @ 8 pm i wnt and purchased the dth and dealer said he will come @ 9 Pm and get it installed. You know wht the dealer came sharply @ 9 and he just took 10 mins to get the installation done and there you go, i got myself 1 year free Hd service and also activated in few mins time :thumbsup:. I just paid Rs 2599 for the HD box ,I was soo happy and said thanked him for the exellent service for which even TS failed to provide me. After i got my Hd service upgraded i recieved an alert on TV and also on my mobile that i got 1 year free hd pack and my due date.I was really pissed-off by the stupid TS cc people who does'nt even know whats going on and passing the false info :madness:. Any way after i got HD service activated i was truly amazed and with the PQ of the HD channels. Guys the PQ and sound of 5.1 is exellent for HD channels and the viewing experience was superb for that price :imwink:.. The user interface is nicely designed with black color and response of the remote is superb compared to the old remote of the standard stb, the sd channels quality is looking okay, as the connectivity is on HD cable. As you guys know currently they r providing 3 HD channels, and iam expecting more channels to come or atleast movie channels in HD soon. I did not post any pic as i do not have a HD camera.From my personnal experience - guys be careful before upgrading the service, and confirm to get with offer, as the cc are not educated properly with the offers. Apart from my bad experience in Cc :madness:, Iam impressed with current 3 HD channels quality i recommend the TS HD service for the quality of the content they provide. :redface: warm Regards,Karthik R

hey thank you kartik for your informationi am also customer of Tata Sky since 2006.and i just buy the HD tv of VU technologies of 42 inches.and i am also thinking of taking HD service of TS.thanks for your review dear.

Hi akhanisatyamg, you r welcome, i have read lot of posts from broadband form for some time, so just thought to share my experience with you all. As it would be not fare just to read and not post any thing. Karthik R

I have heard of the other way round experience and read in some forums that the dealers are very careless while CC is supposed to be contacted for better service however come to think about it the dealer himself was a Tata Sky X employee nevertheless all is good at the end that you got it installed with the 1 year free hd pack 😉 thanks for sharing your views.

Hi guys im karthik from chennai & This is my 1st Thread & iam a frequent visitor of broadband forum :redface:,

This is my experience and short review in getting the Tata Sky HD installed.
Actually iam a tatasky subscriber from the year 2007 & i had not faced any inconvenience till date. So, after the HD launch i was very much curious to get the HD service upgraded (as im using (samsung '32 full hd tv). I was waiting for videocon HD
service to lauch to see how that was priced, but I was dissapointed by their false commitment and delay :frown:. After reading a lot of reviews,comparison and research I liked the quality of ts decided to go for tata sky HD.

So, I called the tatasky helpline saying, i want to upgrade the HD box from my standard box, so i asked them if there is any offer coming for festive season "diwali".. the cc told there is no news on that. And i said the cc like im a existing customer and interested in upgrading the HD service. so i confirmed with cc like if i upgrade to HD will i get the HD pack free ofr 1 year as stated on the website... you know wat i was shocked that cc told there is no such offer for HD service :wall:, and the offer period is over. So cc said if i want to upgrade i have to pay Rs 2599 + Rs 30 for the HD servie (each month). I
argued saying then wat is the benefit of being a existing customer :wall:? Apart from that cc told that "there is a huge demand for the TS HD service in mumbai, delhi and iam lucky of being in chennai to get the service installed" and cc said that it will
take up to 7 business days to get the HD service to be installed :ishock:. You know, i was not happy with that response, so i said i will think and let you know and hanged my phone :madness:.

Near my house there was a dealer who supplies DTH and recharge for all DTH serives, so on saturday i went to his shop and told him like i want to buy a TS HD box, so enquired abt the availability. He said he got the stock, so i also asked him for
the HD offer is available or not? you know wht i surprised that he said the offer is still available and even i told him abt wht i experienced on the TS help line. The dealer said he is very much sure told me if i get the Hd box he will get me the 1 yr offer and also get it installed in 10 mins time (also he said that he was previously working for TS and now became a dealer), i was in dilemma of should i go for it or not. so i said him that im going out now and will be back by 8 Pm, so @ 8 pm i wnt and purchased the dth and dealer said he will come @ 9 Pm and get it installed. You know wht the dealer came sharply @ 9 and he just took 10 mins to get the installation done and there you go, i got myself 1 year free Hd service and also activated in few mins time :thumbsup:. I just paid Rs 2599 for the HD box ,I was soo happy and said thanked him for the exellent service
for which even TS failed to provide me. After i got my Hd service upgraded i recieved an alert on TV and also on my mobile that i got 1 year free hd pack and my due date.
I was really pissed-off by the stupid TS cc people who does'nt even know whats going on and passing the false info :madness:. Any way after i got HD service activated i was truly amazed and with the PQ of the HD channels. Guys the PQ and sound of 5.1 is
exellent for HD channels and the viewing experience was superb for that price :imwink:.. The user interface is nicely designed with black color and response of the remote is superb compared to the old remote of the standard stb, the sd channels quality is
looking okay, as the connectivity is on HD cable. As you guys know currently they r providing 3 HD channels, and iam expecting more channels to come or atleast movie channels in HD soon. I did not post any pic as i do not have a HD camera.
From my personnal experience - guys be careful before upgrading the service, and confirm to get with offer, as the cc are not educated properly with the offers. Apart from my bad experience in Cc :madness:, Iam impressed with current 3 HD channels quality i
recommend the TS HD service for the quality of the content they provide. :redface:

warm Regards,
Karthik R

Hi Guys,

This is my first ever post on this forum. I have visited and referred to this forum on many occasions and now I feel I should contribute in whatever way I can.

I almost had an identical experience where I received a call from Tata Sky customer care explaining me the benefits of 1 year free HD subscription and give me another subscriber id for my old box as I am an existing subscriber of Tata sky for past 2 yrs.

When they transferred the call to Cust.care, they said the same thing that HD subscription would be charged @ Rs 30/month to which I objected strongly. I asked for the escalation and gave them left right and center as it was clearly a violation of the customer rights and information being provided by the company. Upon asking me to wait for 10 mins, the guy came back with a sorry and acknowledged the scheme for 1 year free HD subscription. Following this, he said that it would take a maximum of 7 days to get the installation done however, the Tata sky technicians came the very next day at the designated time.

The picture quality of Tata Sky is second to none. I've a LG Full LED Full HD 42 inch TV which just makes me WOW. I've watched India vs. Aus series in HD, CWG in HD and continue to watch current India vs. New zealand series in HD, not to forget watching Air Crash Investigation on Nat Geo HD is an experience in itself.

Though I fully agree with Karthik about the non user friendly interface of the HD STB, however when I compare the Picture quality, I forget these small niggles and at the end of the day, I am a happy customer.

The Tata Sky website boasted of launching Star Movies in HD stating it to be coming shortly which they have now removed from the website. I am just waiting for them to add more HD channels as now watching SD content sucks. I don't mind paying extra for the HD content as I love this format.

One more aspect of Tata Sky which I like the most is once you make the payment or add channel online, it is activated almost instantaneously which is great as compared to Airtel where you have to log a request and takes 24 hours to get updated.

If someone wants more info on Tata Sky HD box or its performance, please feel free to ask me.