My Dataone Hacked! Please Help...

• Thread starter Thread starter visnbm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,377
QUOTE(Bhinder @ Sep 18 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]62547[/snapback]
u might also wanna change the routers ip address from the default 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 or something more random 😛
[/b]

in hacking the password from the router, the routers ip dosent pay any part...so thats an absurd idea...😛

well actually the routers ip address would play a part if the attack was from someone within the network wouldnt it? but hey check this out.. ive heard about this.. u can hang some Cisco routers by typing in a long as password and then the settings reset to default so u can then login using default passes :-| really

QUOTE(Bhinder @ Sep 18 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]62579[/snapback]
well actually the routers ip address would play a part if the attack was from someone within the network wouldnt it? but hey check this out.. ive heard about this.. u can hang some Cisco routers by typing in a long as password and then the settings reset to default so u can then login using default passes :-| really
[/b]

Its history, cisco IOS can handle much crap that been thrown to it without any problem.

QUOTE(aCe @ Sep 18 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]62542[/snapback]
Thanks to you all.

1. I think someone from outside (not my home) is using it.
2. No one except me use the pc.
[/b]

Okay, so assuming that it is possible to login using BSNL username and password from some other place than your home, you are worried that someone steals your password and uses your account.

Let us again assume this is true, to prevent it:
1. Make sure your computer is clean of viruses and keyloggers and spyware. This is essential. Unless your computer is absolutely clean, you cannot protect any of your data.
2. Then change your password and make it a tough one, uses least 8 characters, alphabets and number, uppercase and lowercase, etc.

BTW, from many other posts it appears that one cannot use his/her BSNL account from any other place than where the connection was started. So how can somebody use your account from anywhere except your home?

hhhhmmm trust me, you can use a bsnl account from another location.. ive seen ppl using it.. the thing is, i dont know how it is supposed to work.. it works for some random accounts and for some it does not.. my friend can use some other persons password, but i cant use my friends... make any sense? 🤔