• Thread starter Thread starter jazzyjazzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,348

jazzyjazzy

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hello all, I am facing a typical problem. I have my 220bx modem connected to my laptop through USB and it runs OK,. My problem is that whenever i switch ON or OFF any button in my room (for fan, light, etc I mean for anything i switch the button), my broadband link is broken. All lights remains in the modem as it is, just it stops working and I have to restart the modem to again get the net working. I called an electrician to check the problem thinking that there might be some wiring problem but he says everything is fine so thought of asking you people. I am facing this problem for sometime now. Please look if anyone can solve it.Regards

1.Try the lan port/Ethernet card connection.Probably the surge affects the modem. 2.TRY Changing/exchanging the Power adaptor.3. If you are using an UPS check in Battery /Power off Condition.Post screen shot of ADSL status page

Looks like you have an earthing problem in your electrical network. Please get that checked. The earth to neutral voltage should be less than 3 volts. As Essbebe has mentioned, try using the ethernet port. If all this fails, change the modem to a 110bx. i find it more stable