My cable operator does not have power backup

• Thread starter Thread starter rama
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,218

rama

ISP
sify
Hi all, My cable operator does not have power backup and when the power goes I get network cable unplugged and when it comes back the net stops working. I have to restart my system for it to start working. By accident, I found out that if I use BSNL dailup, as soon as it connects I start getting reply from the gateway and then I can disconnet dailup and use Sify. Anyone knows why that is happening? Is there a way I can start using the net such as by clearing a cache or something without having to use dailup and waste a call or restart the system. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Rama.

You can try disabling and enabling network connection. Try that and let us know if that helps.

You can try disabling and enabling network connection. Try that and let us know if that helps.

Hi Netfreak, Thanks for responding. I have tried that and it does not help.

instead of restarting you can try "Log off user" .
or running a batch file with following commands
( it is for a different purpose ! ) might help ...
@ echo off
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
exit

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry for replying late as I was out of town. I tried the above commands but it did not help and I still had to dial-up and then start using the net. Anyone has any other suggestions?

remove the cable. next disable and enable network connection and in last connect the cable back.Try it.