My BSNL Modem (Nokia Siemens)

Hi members. I have a problem with my bsnl broadband . I am having Nokia Siemens Residential router 1600. I have been using it since OCT 2009. Till 2 months back there was no issues with the connection. since 2 months my modem keeps disconnecting suddenly. When i first on the modem it takes approx 1and half minute (sometimes less) for the dsl light to be stable then the internet light lights on . simultaneously the status light also blinks. before my internet disconnects the status light blinks rapidly and the internet light and dsl light go off and dsl light blinks . the following r the dsl status changes .It sometimes shows status as Showtime,mode=adsl+ / G.dmt / adsl,,type=fast /interleaving sometimes the status and type r blank.the foll is the present status as i write now:Status SHOWTIME Mode G.DMT Type Interleave Downstream UpstreamRate (Kbps) 1972 449 SNR Margin (dB) 29.4 30.0 Attenuation (dB) 39.0 21.5 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 9483 1471 Output Power (dBm) 12.1 18.3 Super Frames 36638 36638 Super Frame Errors 2014 2 and i have also observed that the router page refreshes every few seconds. is it ok??. the above readings change after next reconnection ,then the snr margin(db)is 6.0)Attenuation(db) between 42-52. please help me please help.my net keeps disconnecting.toay it has diconnected more than 15-20 times. during the time it is stable i am posting this thread .please advice

Hi,
Even I am facing the same problem but till now have no clue, I contacted the BSNL guy (who is more like a private contractor) he suggested to change the modem n he can sell it to me a nice deal so i am not sure if its actually a modem issue or he is just trying to sell his product...

did you find any solution please let me know too.

Saket

Hi members.
I have a problem with my bsnl broadband . I am having Nokia Siemens Residential router 1600. I have been using it since OCT 2009. Till 2 months back there was no issues with the connection. since 2 months my modem keeps disconnecting suddenly. When i first on the modem it takes approx 1and half minute (sometimes less) for the dsl light to be stable then the internet light lights on . simultaneously the status light also blinks. before my internet disconnects the status light blinks rapidly and the internet light and dsl light go off and dsl light blinks . the following r the dsl status changes .It sometimes shows status as Showtime,mode=adsl+ / G.dmt / adsl,,type=fast /interleaving sometimes the status and type r blank.the foll is the present status as i write now:
Status SHOWTIME
Mode G.DMT
Type Interleave

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps) 1972 449
SNR Margin (dB) 29.4 30.0
Attenuation (dB) 39.0 21.5
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 9483 1471
Output Power (dBm) 12.1 18.3
Super Frames 36638 36638
Super Frame Errors 2014 2
and i have also observed that the router page refreshes every few seconds. is it ok??. the above readings change after next reconnection ,then the snr margin(db)is 6.0)Attenuation(db) between 42-52. please help me please help.my net keeps disconnecting.toay it has diconnected more than 15-20 times. during the time it is stable i am posting this thread .please advice

buy a new modem which supports ADSL2+ ... check the wiring n splitter ... ur line Attenuation is high ... if if find open ends on wire ... cover them with black tape ... if have parallel phone lines .. remove all and check ur net connection. i bought TP-Link ADSL2+ modem from Flipkart for approx. 950Rs.