My BSNL Modem Doomed by Thunder Storm! How can i replace my Modem in Warranty?

• Thread starter Thread starter bsnlboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,499

bsnlboy

My BSNL Modem got an EMP attack from phone line due to Thunder (lightning) fell on my terrace almost 2 meters away from my phone line last Saturday Night 8:30pmit wiped out software in my modem (i think). only power light of modem turns ON but doesn't boot at all.I have Purchased Type 2 Modem with wifi from BSNL at RS.1600/- 3 months ago& i m having trouble replacing modem in warrantyBSNL employes keep telling me to come tomorrow & now week has passed.i really want to replace my BSNL Modem since it can provide stable connection at low SNR 6dbunlike modem i purchased from market which can't provide stable connection below 10db SNR

Lol same thing happened to me three years back. Since I was out of the warranty period i have to pay for the router. I paid for the type one router but got type 2 router but It took more than a month to get a new router.MY suggestion here is visiting the BSNL office daily and annoy them till they provide the router or to complaint to the nodal officer.

Lol same thing happened to me three years back. Since I was out of the warranty period i have to pay for the router. I paid for the type one router but got type 2 router but It took more than a month to get a new router.MY suggestion here is visiting the BSNL office daily and annoy them till they provide the router or to complaint to the nodal officer.
my modem is in warranty & i m already visiting bsnl office for 2 weeks now

I am not sure lightning damage is covered under warranty. You can try talking to SDE and request prompt action.

Legally, damages due to "Acts of God" are not covered under any warranty. Thus if there is an earthquake and a tree falls on your car and damages it, you can't go to your car dealer and ask for free repair or replacement. The only thing that can come to your rescue in such a case is insurance (if it covers such calamities). Bet the modem wouldn't have been insured?