• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,921

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Looks like Sify wants all of its customers to switch over to the night-pack. They seem to be giving priority to the night-pack. This certainly looks like it in my case.I had a nice 32+ pack which used to give me double of that at around 60 kbps (7 kBps) all times. Only when I used to surp@$$ the 75 MB download limit in a day did it used to go down to around 20 kbps (2-3 kBps). Day before yesterday all of a sudden my connection kept on stopping to work after some time and the problem reported by the Troubleshooting program repeatedly was a faulty SAM server. That problem sorted itself out by evening. But it gave birth to another problem which I started to see from that night onwards.Since that night, every night at around 9.30 PM my speed is coming down to around 20 kbps despite my not downloading 75 MB for the day. Incidentally 9.30 PM is the time when the night-packages come into effect for people who have subscribed to them. So it looks like the bandwidth that I was being given till now is being diverted to the night-packages to such an extent that it's like me having to face the consequences of downloading too much. So what is Sify's strategy nowadays? Since it looks like many people are switching over to the night package owing to its high speeds of 15-16 kBps, Sify decides that this is where the moolah is and starts giving short shrift to other packages. They actually seem to be stealing from my bandwidth to provide it to the night-packagers on my LAN. What more can we expect from a company that is as secretive and unscrupulous as some dictatorial and corrupt govenment. They change their prices before you can blink your eyelids, they change their Terms and Conditions whenever they feel like while not making them clear in the first place, and they don't consistently give me a product, make it clear that this is what you're buying and this is what you'll get for atleast a reasonable period of time before we have a change of mind.Indeed frustrating.

my experiences were opposite. my 48pack gave me 3Kbps during the day time and worked fine at night time when the unlimited pack is on.

Yeah, I remember your troubles. One can't predict from which direction Sify can start giving troubles next.

Last night I had observed it and tonight again I observe it. I get back my usual speeds at very late in the night at around 1 AM when probably the night-pack user has stopped using the net and has gone to sleep.Maybe the user doesn't keep on downloading the entire night. What else can explain my getting back the normal speeds of 6-7 kBps from 2-3 kBps just a few hours ago starting from 9.30 PM.

I should check it out! I think I may have the same problem... Sify is playing the crafty dealor here, you have my sympathies

hmmmmmm my speed is 7-6 throughout the day ie untill i finish my 75mb,lol, but it does give gud speeds at nite, maybe the problem is confinied to u people.THats the reason why sify is well know , tylor made screw up for people, evry user gets diffrent kind of screwed up connections, lol

All's fine at this hour of the morning/noon. Speed is at around 7 KBps. Not looking forward to the way they choke me at night.Ujjwal you seem to have the same problems too? Looks like we are up against something new and nasty.

I am not sure as I didn't test the speeds, but it could be so 🙁 I thought speeds were a little slow last night