my badass comp...

• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 10,195
@apoorv - some random wallpaper.

@DigitalDude: got my gutsy CD and 4 stickers this afternoon! woohoo! one sticker goes on my home desktop, the other on my work desktop. the remaining 2 i'll keep like a stamp collector keeps stamps lolRequested on Oct 9th, shipped on Oct 16th, reached today... so it's just under a month...I like how in multiple places they've printed "PASS IT ON" (and "you are encouraged and legally entitled to...") with a logo hehe, compare that to commercial software EULA!There is also a "duty free" stamp by Mumbai customs officials I see, they must be used to seeing Ubuntu CDs getting shipped all the time now...Plus, the cover has a Oct 18th dated letter from a Canonical official explaining that this is open source and should not be subject to import duties. It says the value of the CD is 0.13 Euros (about Rs 15) and the total cost (incl. shipping) is mentioned as 0.88 Euros (about Rs 50), so it's not cheap for Canonical to be sending these out worldwide :ashamed:Ok, got the idea from Sushubh's blog to put one sticker on the back window of my car 😀

^^^What a conincidence even I go the Ubuntu Cd today, I must say that I received it too fast.Free Software received so early with "Pass it On" written everywhere, makes one feel Good and on the other hand we have Microsoft saying Use Genuine Software, Kill Piracy, Kill Piracy, idiots 😡...............

early diwali gifts for us, eh?

Anyone in Mumbai got them ? I also ordered few weeks back , should be arriving in next few days i guess 🙂

Sorry to be so naive..... but what is ubuntu ? I know its an operating system (or it isn't ?) , but whats so special about it ?

@dark_horizon: you may have used an old/outdated linux version back in college. if you have time and the inclination, check out Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu for details, you might be pleasantly surprised 🙂

Actually, i have already ordered the CD few mins back, was just wondering, what i have ordered...😛

ubuntu is pretty easy to use and quite better than windows unless you are a heavy gamer or program in windows specific languages